Kellyanne Conway: lies are "alternative facts" and if the press says otherwise, there's gonna be trouble

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/22/kellyanne-conway-lies-are-a.html

8 Likes

Not to mention Trump and Spicer also both made vague threats against the press if they didn’t report on what they wanted.

38 Likes

Day one.

When does the GOP grow a backbone and start the impeachment proceedings?

62 Likes

With the administration only two days old, I have to wonder if they’re TRYING to look like comic-book supervillans. I mean, Steve Bannon’s wanted to be one his whole life.

66 Likes

It’s tempting to say “you can’t make this stuff up” but that’s clearly all they do now.

81 Likes

So if I commit a crime, can I just say I’m following “alternative laws”? Wait, I better not give them any ideas.

59 Likes
50 Likes

Isn’t that the sovereign citizen movement?

31 Likes

Did you mean “verifiable”?

12 Likes

Conway also said they’re going to refuse to release his tax returns (inevitably) - despite this:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

16 Likes

Fairly soon, I imagine, since they’d likely much rather work with a President Pence.

34 Likes

46 Likes

“I wasn’t speeding officer. There are no speed limits in my alternative universe.”

12 Likes

[Conway] then threatened the press if they failed to accept this, saying “If we’re going to keep referring to the press secretary in those types of terms I think we’re going to have to rethink our relationship here.”

Fuck off, you fucking Nazi.

71 Likes
21 Likes

First things first. That safety net for the aged and disabled won’t shred itself, after all.

18 Likes

They are way ahead of you…

“We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,”

Gingrich literally said that some people are too rich to follow laws.

35 Likes

Uh. “Creating our own reality”. Various made up scandals. Climate change.

They are fully on board, just more subtle.

2 Likes

Good facts, as opposed to real facts.

6 Likes

“If we’re going to keep referring to the press secretary in those types of terms I think we’re going to have to rethink our relationship here.”

The MSM media should pro-actively re-think their relationship with a White House that considers lies and BS “alternative facts.” As I’ve said elsewhere, they should send their interns to transcribe the pressers and to ask the obvious and basic questions and let the more experienced reporters seek out the truth and facts in places that don’t show contempt for those concepts.

Too much to hope for, of course. They’re still addicted to access and “first” scoops and making sure their most careerist correspondents represent the brand on-camera.

36 Likes