Kellyanne Conway: lies are "alternative facts" and if the press says otherwise, there's gonna be trouble

Redefine the relationship.

Trump and the press will go to couples therapy?

16 Likes

So what they’re saying is, he’s “alternatively right”. Alt-right, if you will. Gotcha.

51 Likes

Eventually Trump White House press events will either be whittled down to only pro-Trump reporters, or they will be cancelled altogether.

19 Likes

CNN didn’t cover yesterday’s live.

Maybe they’re belatedly learning.

43 Likes

No need.

Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

VP and a majority of the cabinet. It goes back and forth a few times, but that’s it.

13 Likes

The Press should rent space for “The White House Press Corp in Exile” and report from there.

7 Likes

13 Likes

They’ll end up like Putin’s once-a-year press conference, with staffers acting as hype men and with the reporters either being cheerleaders or embarrassing themselves if they want to get called on. Look at this bloody circus:

22 Likes

46 Likes

EDIT

Meant to post this elsewhere but oh well. His petty obsession is what is shaping this shit anyways.

17 Likes

I’m sure Pence would pull the trigger immediately. The cabinet?

Anyway, I’m sure he’ll be kept in place as long as he keeps enabling all of Pence and Ryan’s awful policies and isn’t totally tanking them in the polls.

7 Likes

Sure, so long as Trump’s useful, there’s no need. As for the cabinet, they’ll need time to get their duces in a row.

8 Likes

“Alternative facts”? Jesus fucking christ. What “alternative universe” are these people inhabiting?

11 Likes

Donald J. Trump (realDonaldTrump) –

Wow, television ratings just out: 31 million people watched the Inauguration, 11 million more than the very good ratings from 4 years ago!

10 Likes

What I said on another thread here bears repeating:

Nobody is perfect, not you, not me, and not any President; Clinton, Bush, Obama, and now Trump, there were events that make them look good, and events that make them look bad. If every time something doesn’t cut his way Trump says “it’s all lies and fake news” then logically for some of those times he will be lying, both to the world and to himself.

That’s all you need to say to your Trump-licking friends, “Do you really believe Trump is perfect? Because if every time the press reports something bad about him and it’s a lie, then logically he must be absolutely flawless, a pitcher with an ERA of .000 who throws a perfect game every time. So, either he’s perfect, or he’s feeding you shit and telling you it’s chocolate. Enjoy your meal.”

24 Likes

This is the narrow end of the wedge.

If they can bully the press over something like attendance figures, then they can feel safe moving on to bigger lies.

40 Likes

In the same interview with Chuck Todd, Conway pulled a Sarah Palin and tried to deflect by randomly mentioning things like the destruction of our schools and global terrorism when asked why the press secretary would start a war with the media on day one of the presidency. It reminded me of the Katie Couric interview where Tina Fey just had to repeat verbatim what Palin said to make fun of her.

14 Likes

Is the term alternative facts the first step into creating the “Ministry of Truth” in Emperor Trump’s America?

18 Likes

Like all Trump explosions, it’s worth considering if this was a distraction from something else.

26 Likes

If they get to have alternative facts I think it’s only fair I should get alternative president.

30 Likes