New York Times, CNN and other media barred from White House press event

It’s too bad they missed it. Today’s press event was particularly awesome. They tried to press a ball of solid adamantium.

And Wolverine’s claws!

12 Likes

41 Likes

Nice to see they are following through with the Fascist script.

20 Likes

…but somehow we age ten times as fast.

It’s because we’re all drinking three times as much.

7 Likes

Nice.
When fascists get banned from Twitter, the inapplicable First Amendment is invoked.
When the gov’t is literally blocking press access, the First Amendment is mocked.

47 Likes

Did you guys photoshop Spicer’s eyes, or did they come with teeth already in them?

15 Likes

Nah, the US isn’t killing its journalists… yet. (Although even that only earns a country a red rating, so…)

I’ve been kind of wanting the press to skip these press events entirely and put all their efforts into investigation. The press events are part lies, part distraction and often aren’t even informative about the administration’s policies, so the only thing that’s really lost by not being there is not getting to hear whatever insane thing gets said. It’ll be interesting to see what the press response to this exclusion will be - hopefully it’ll just harden them and have the opposite of the intended effect. Although I also suspect soon the only press allowed in will be Infowars and Breitbart and the like.

23 Likes

Is it applicable here? “Congress shall make no law.”… they haven’t.

3 Likes

I wait for Glorious Cheeto’s and Press Liar’s roasting on the Saturday evening revue program in which pop culture is mirrored at the world.

1 Like

56 Likes

They really do hate this country, don’t they?

15 Likes

Does Trump think this will stop those organizations from reporting bad things about him?

6 Likes

Please see this comment above:

3 Likes

T=fu2. It’s the Trump time dilation effect.

4 Likes

I would be great if some other reporter asked Spicer a question like that.

2 Likes

Normally being President prematurely ages the incumbent, but Trump has outsourced that.

17 Likes

No, press conferences are limited to invitees (by necessity) and aren’t a legally required practice, so I don’t think he’s breaking the law. Just saying that a right-wing audience that hand-wrings over imagined First Amendment rights over an account on a private corporate service are cheering expressions of contempt towards the First Amendment by a gov’t official who has been engaging in acts explicitly attempting to attack and limit freedom of the press.

12 Likes

I predict that Trump will be the inverse of this:

ETA: That’s supposedly a 4 year difference.

10 Likes

Jeffrey Combs says drink more.

11 Likes

I agree with John McCain!!

The first thing a dictator will do is throttle the free press. He’s absolutely right. Go ROUGE, Senator!! More Republicans need to tell the truth about this so-called president.

5 Likes