JPMorgan Chase hacked, FBI investigating suspected Russia link

[Permalink]

Well this could be devastating for their reputation - and that’s everything in the banking world.

1 Like

Having known the moral compass of folks involved with JPMC and their ilk, ah, this so brings a smile to my face.

2 Likes

Oh sure, the biggest dirtiest thieves in the world get hacked and the FBI is all over it. On the other hand, we get robbed everyday… by the same biggest dirtiest thieves in the world.

1 Like

Priorities don’t you know.

aren’t you supposed to conduct stress tests before the crisis?

This bit is worrisome

JPMorgan Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, 58, has warned shareholders in annual letters that hackers’ efforts to breach the bank’s computers were growing more frequent, sophisticated and dangerous. The bank expects to boost annual spending on cybersecurity by 25 percent to about $250 million by the end of the year from 2013 levels, he wrote in April.

If an annual expense of $200 million isn’t enough, what will be? On the other hand it might be a case of

your child’s teacher remembering to wear a condom

Every conflict with other nations is going to involve hacking to an ever-increasing degree. If the hawks want to go toe-to-toe with Russia, they won’t be able to sit at home and talk about patriotism and sacrifice while they let some kid fresh out of high school take all the risk.

I don’t believe for one second that this particular attack has anything at all to do with Ukraine. Russian hackers are gonna hack until or unless the Russian government gives a shit about such activity.

We live in a cyberpunk novel. I guess I should have known when William Gibson started writing novels that take place 15 minutes before they’re published. . .

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.