Ukraine asks FBI for help investigating alleged Russian hack of Burisma

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/16/ukraine-asks-fbi-for-help-inve.html

3 Likes

12 Likes

Related…

7 Likes

Unfortunately my first thought is “The FBI? Great. . . more grist for the ‘deep state’ paranoia mill on Fox News.”

Which reminds me, my most enduring fantasy since Trump took office is that someone will hack Hannity and Guiliani and Nunes and a host of other corrupt fascist enablers like them.

6 Likes

I’m sure Putin has already hacked all of them for the juicy kompromat that helps keep them in thrall to his agenda.

11 Likes

That doesn’t quite look right to my eyes. More like the focus of a disproven conspiracy theory that Trump folks latched onto.

One of the articles of impeachment centers on Donald Trump trying to squeeze the Ukrainian President to announce an investigation of his chief electoral competitor, attempting to smear him with anything.

Am I too much of a nitpicker here?

3 Likes

Which none of their fans will believe, because deep state…

5 Likes

How did we get to the point where whether something that Trump and/or his minions did is illegal finally matters not because it’s illegal, but because it’s SO illegal and nasty that enough Americans are finally convinced that he did something that matters?

(Rhetorical question…I think…)

4 Likes

Sometimes, I think I can see the narrative of how we got here. Other times, it’s too muddled.

4 Likes

Yep, me too.

Damn, Trump wins again! :expressionless:

4 Likes

It doesn’t help that the FBI routinely does everything these guys accuse them of doing to trump and his pals, and worse, to anti-war, environmental, and racial justice advocates, so they’re only even a remotely credible source when stacked up against a bunch of two bit grifters who got in above their heads.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.