Judge rules Dems can sue Trump for doing business with foreign governments while in office

God, wouldn’t this be nice if this was the end of the era of “enoluments schnoluments” as an official govt. policy…

2 Likes

Sue. They can “sue,” as in a civil case, a bloody tort? How exactly does something so fundamental that it’s embedded in the U.S. Consitution get relegated to a civil case, rather than full-blown criminal prosecution? How does an offense that could damage or destroy the entire country – the blatant bribery of a U.S. president – get treated as anything but a High Crime, more than qualifying for impeachment?

2 Likes

A%20PRIG

9 Likes

2a59pa

8 Likes

As noted by someone upthread, discovery is probably all they’re after. If criminal dealings are uncovered in a civil case, you better believe they’ll be providing the goods to the relevant State AG. A civil case like this could be the snowball that starts the avalanche.

8 Likes

Still better than the Orange Occupant of Oval Office.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. I think he would be more effective at pursuing regressive policies because he has more experience in government, he comes across as measured (so he wouldn’t set off as many alarm bells), and he’s actually believes in something beyond his own personal aggrandizement.

3 Likes

Pence would be awful to have as president, but as a non-American, I would far prefer Pence as president than Trump. Sure, he’d be a hawk. But he’d be a predictable hawk and at least somewhat competent. The rest of the world is used to dealing with aggressive American hawk’s as president and can do it. Trump’s unpredictability and incompetence makes him especially dangerous to the rest of the world.

3 Likes

That’s fine. We’ll stay and have our own rapture here! With blackjack and hookers!

5 Likes

Can’t see this surviving appeal but for now, it has to be driving our infantile POTUS ever more crazy, and that’s a plus.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.