Judge tosses Roy Moore's "pedophile detector" lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen

Originally published at: Judge tosses Roy Moore's "pedophile detector" lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen | Boing Boing

8 Likes

“JUDGE” roy moore. LOL.

14 Likes

2-Jerry-Maguire-quotes

13 Likes

What RWNJ’s don’t realize when it comes to Sacha Baron Cohen’s shtick is he comes crazy prepared ahead of time with well crafted ironclad waivers.

He’s the kid with the 10 minute book report and they are the ones who didn’t read the assignment and try to fake it in front of the teacher.

33 Likes

I feel like this covers literally everything with American conservatives. They can’t be bothered to do the homework, and just say words associated with the topic in an attempt to sound like they know what they’re talking about.

26 Likes

Funny – and sad – that I immediately knew what RWNJ means.

6 Likes

This was a fund raising opportunity, not a lawsuit.

9 Likes

Ugh… I hate how true that often is. For must normal people, a legitimate lawsuit against a bad actor might be prohibitively expensive – especially against larger targets. But a dip like this can file a frivolous suit to get campaign funding and, ultimately, more money and power.

7 Likes

That’s quite a legal mind on display there, Roy Moore.

12 Likes

I really hope he was just bringing this suit because he’s desperate for money. If he imagined it could actually clear his name, that would be horribly depressing…

3 Likes

I swear they should disbar any attorney who tries fundraising off their cases. All it does is promote frivolous lawsuits and incompetent representation of counsel (See: Lin Wood’s short lived effort as Kyle Rittenhouse’s counsel)

11 Likes

And bonus points… this loss will get Roy’s name in the news cycle again, probably even make a couple of live appearances to yell about “americans under attack!”.

5 Likes

In Britain we know it is true about our conservatives. Remember the Brexit negotiations with the EU where Britain’s representatives didn’t bother doing any research and the EU reps had piles of paperwork to refer to?

22 Likes

Well, I don’t think the beeping pedophile detector is evidence that Roy Moore is a pedophile. Just all the other evidence.

15 Likes

It does make me wonder about all the participation disclaimers I have to sign for just about any activity. Does this mean I actually have to start reading them?

3 Likes

“No reasonable person would believe this is real” is how Fox News gets away with their criminal broadcasts. “We aren’t news, we”re entertainment!

10 Likes

Who Is America was an incredible series in many ways. Incredibly painful to watch, infantile and crude, but I think also important and necessary.

5 Likes

He added that the absurd segment — in which the comic demonstrated a so-called pedophile detector that beeped when it got near Moore — was “clearly a joke” and no viewer would think the comedian was making factual allegations against Moore.

Ummm, about that…

6 Likes

And remember the Tories tearing themselves apart over precisely which unworkable proposal should be adopted?

9 Likes

I don’t know, I’d say that’s a pretty successful proof of concept.

4 Likes