Junction City shares the best snow day announcement ever

It’s worse than that - I’ve heard (from parents of students) that some Randroid students sued UM a few years back in an effort to force the university to never declare a snow day again. Public safety be damned.

@zfirphdn: A lousy 9” got school cancelled in the Cities!?!? What have you become? My sophomore year, we had a storm dump 15” while we were at school. They knew it was coming, refused to call a snow day, and refused to release us early.

2 Likes

There has been an increase in snow days this year as a precaution. Last year in Saint Paul, eight inches of snow fell in the afternoon and some students didn’t get home until midnight.

(Edited to place source.)

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but for one thing, the population has increased and there are far more cars on the roads now than there used to be—not only making it harder for everyone to drive safely/defensively, but also making it harder for the plows to do their jobs.

It’s hard for me to compare, because I grew up in the Buffalo, NY area—as far as I’m concerned, Minneapolis doesn’t get near enough snow!

We’re now at 39 inches of snow for February, and I’ve put in 27 hours of shoveling this month. The sun is out, and it seems like we’re done for the month. More snow is predicted for Friday, but that’s March :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Somehow, we got Minneapolis’ normal February weather in Detroit this year. And you got our snow, and more. If it helps, Detroit Hulk-smashed our old seasonal snowfall record a couple years ago (by more than a foot), ending up with 93”. Which I’m sure you know is more than the Average in the Cities.

All this talk about weather is making me miss Paul Douglas right about now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.