Junji Ito fans, the Uzumaki anime is still on its way! And here is the latest teaser

Originally published at: Junji Ito fans, the Uzumaki anime is still on its way! And here is the latest teaser | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I have no familiarity with Uzumaki but this looks pretty cool.

Her hair, the trees, and grass could be made into a great book of mazes too.

I highly recommend reading the series, it’s pretty incredible

2 Likes

I for one welcome this new manifestation of spiralling weirdness.

Uzumaki

I never read the full manga until recently. Previously I’d only read the first few chapters, and, boy howdy, does the story ever go off the rails. When it gets into blood-sucking pregnant women (because, uh, mosquitos are spirals???) and gangs of guys who ride whirlwinds, it really loses steam and becomes silly rather than scary.
Hope the anime doesn’t stick too close to source material, or at least finds a way to make it more unnerving.

1 Like

It does go from the sublime to the ridiculous in volume 2, but volume 3 was much better, and had one of the creepiest scenes I’ve read in any book, IMHO. I’m definitely looking forward to the anime, whenever it comes out.

2 Likes

I recently read Uzumaki for the first time. I just love Junji Ito’s visual style. There’s stuff like this on nearly every page:

3 Likes

I was a big fan of the film adaptation before reading the manga and have to recommend it to fans who may not have seen it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.