Just how queer are Batman and Robin?

Yeah, there was indeed a lot of that kind of thing.

8 Likes

I’d love to buy you a drink and hear stories. What an amazing experience that would’ve been.

3 Likes

Just gonna leave this here

6 Likes

Robin was probably a good idea when mostly young boys read comics. Now his presence just seems, kinda weird.

“You know what they say about big feet, Pee Wee - Big feet, big boots!”

4 Likes

Oh my god I forgot about the horsie ride sequence. I love that show.

3 Likes

It is a photochop, but my favorite:

5 Likes

You and @generic_name really need to go and run with it. I’d totally would read it.

1 Like

That they’re from the Bay Area? Portland? Or they rock climb in Joshua Tree?

1 Like

Because Robin was younger and hipper.

Sleepin’ in the same bed is weird for superheroes…

Not weird for sexual partners or best friends.

Go figure.

Eh. What I remember most was trying to get crap fixed while they spent endless hours doing bluescreen shots for Magic Screen. The Peewee laugh can be torture after a very short while. Thankfully I’ve spent most of my career building stuff and not hanging around sets.

3 Likes

1.) it sounds too much like something you’d find in a doctor’s office (see the Simpsons episode where Milhouse orders the “Biclops” comic made by Lens-Crafters)

2.) Phillip Morris’ would beat us down with their own superheroes: Lawyer Man and the Litigatrix.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know about the doctor’s office. It sounds like it could be way better than that. But you’re probably correct about Marlboro Man. Those cigarette people are serious with their lawyers!

In my brief experiences art directing commercial and film shoots, I remember the tedium most of all. Nothing like sitting in a chair watching a DP and cameraman spend hours tweaking the setup of something that’ll be on screen for two or three seconds. Hours and hours of setup followed by ten minutes of shooting talent. So yeah, I can’t agree more, and can very much see how eight hours of HEH-HEH! would drive you nuts.

4 Likes

What if we had a tie-in with Deadpool though? Like, have him be the guy smoking 3 packs a day, and drinking drain-o, and being all “I don’t know what Oncology woman’s problem is! As a potential role-model, I endorse smoking and drinking, and it’s never hurt me once!”

Except I suck ass at writing Deadpoolesque dialog. I’m too slow and dumb. Maybe if I were off my ADHD meds a few weeks I could hack something decently funny.

1 Like

Just how queer are Batman and Robin?

Well, Chrome appears to have an opinion… Just sayin’ (or lust sayin’)…

If we go this abstract, this turns into an ontological debate. Nobody likes that.

I was speaking specifically about the existence of subtext in works of fiction. Whether Arthur Conan Doyle intended Holmes and Watson to be gay, they do live like a gay couple would in Victorian England.

It is the reason we have different crictical readings of literature from different perspective; is a feminist reading of Dracula just the mind playing a trick on the critic since Stoker did not intentionally tried to uphold(or criticize) the patriarchy?

See? Now you two are thinking. I’d like an autographed copy when you go to print.:smiley:

1 Like

4 Likes