Just look at this 3D printable "banana knight"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/12/tis-but-a-flesh-wound.html

4 Likes

Can I get a banana for scale please? i’m having a hard understanding how large this print is.

3 Likes

I think you supply the banana part of the sculpture? It is not part of the “print”?

1 Like

I was wrong. If you click the link you can see a hand holding it. That should give you scale.

But I like my idea better.

8 Likes

He needs a urologist desperately.

7 Likes

Sir Fruit, of The House of Plantain-genant.

14 Likes

I just downloaded this and am printing it on my 3D printer right now.

Regarding the scale of the model, one of the many cool things about 3D printing is that you can adjust the size of the object. You download the 3D model then use “slicing” software to adjust it so it will print on your 3D printer. You can choose to print it as large as your 3D printer is capable but larger objects take longer to print. It isn’t unusual for a large model to take more than an entire day to print.

I’m printing this model at about 200% the original scale, which should be able 4 inches tall, using fluorescent yellow filament. I was looking for something fun to print earlier today, so thanks for the link, Corey!

8 Likes

I have a 3D printer. And I’m into table top gaming. But this was never on my list of things to make.

Excellent painting BTW.

5 Likes

Me too. I assumed it was a kit of parts to stick in a banana, like Mr Potato Head.

Shame. I would then have asked whether, if you left it sitting around for several days and the banana over-ripened, you ended up with a Black Knight.

10 Likes

A slippery foe, that one…

6 Likes

banana knight

do do de doo do

banana knight

do do de do

banana knight

do do de dodo de dodo de dodo de dodo do da doot do do da do

Edit: added video for reference :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Monster: Banana Knight
Number appearing: Bunches

8 Likes

“I enter the next room.”

“Roll awareness.”

“4”

“As you open the door you fail to notice the bucket of fudge perched above. It falls on your head, running down to the peel. You take 8 points of fudge damage.”

“Curses! Fudge! My one weakness! What fiend designed this dungeon?”

“You have entered the lair of the Queen of Dairy.”

11 Likes

Took me a sec to figure out that tune. I like to do it with the word epiphenomenon for some reason.

2 Likes

1 Like

Ah, the black Russian…

3 Likes

Must I? Right now?

2 Likes

5 Likes

away

5 Likes

It’s just as Nietzsche said; if you look too long at a banana it will look back at you.

5 Likes