Juvie court judge from the the outer edges of Cincinnati say that most of the guns used in crime in her area were stolen

Where are they coming from and why are they so easy to get?

That’s a huge difference. It used to be that I’d only see kids with stolen cars and maybe a high-speed chase. Now, it’s stolen cars and guns and then the shootings – drive-by shootings, murder cases. We’re all shaking our heads, just like everybody else, with regard to how young a child can be who handles a gun. It’s not unusual for a child to be handling a gun around the age of 12 or 13.

I remember when I was in the prosecutor’s office, in the early ‘90s, and I’d go around to different schools to talk about safety, and they would bring a gun board, showing all the guns that were taken from suspects. And we would ask students, how many of you have ever seen a gun? And very few hands would go up.

Now, it’s not unusual for them to be handling a gun. And they’re typically not coming from the home. They’re being stolen, and then they’re getting their hands on them. And then these guns are being used to commit crimes – from aggravated robberies to felonious assaults to murders.

It’s not unusual for the court to see 12-year-olds robbing delivery drivers with a firearm. There was a ring that I had, from Westwood. Four or five kids. And one of them had a firearm. And they were robbing for food. And they ate the food.

Teens risking jail just for a hot meal. “Responsible gun owners” arming the youth by not keeping their shit locked up.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.