Kamala Harris campaign raises $50m in a day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/22/kamala-harris-campaign-raises-50m-in-a-day.html

15 Likes

This is fantastic news, and should have Trump crapping in his diaper. I only wish these fundraising stories would include the number of discrete donors. I’d love to know if it’s millions of small-dollar folks excited by a fresh candidate, or a few fatcats who now think Dems now have a chance. Either way, great news! Go Kamala!!!

16 Likes

i believe ActBlue said somewhere that it was grassroots donations, so the excitement is definitely there. Now i just want it to continue! please, let’s not in-fight about this. she’s great. she’ll be a great president, and she can continue the great work Biden and the rest of the administration has been doing. i hope we don’t get into petty fights about this.

14 Likes

i gave money to the campaign about 12 hours before biden stepped out of the race. i sincerely wonder in which bucket my money was counted. :thinking:

( i’d give at least a little bit more to indicate my support, but i worry my track record here in selecting a winner may do more harm than good. )

10 Likes

I’m voting for her and I donated.

I hope she chooses to stand FOR something instead of wasting her time standing against GOP and Trump. “Prosecutor vs Felon” is stupid.

Don’t even engage with Trump. Ignore him for once. “I will do X for America as your first woman to be President.” Just hammer that over and over.

Also two woman on the ticket would be so much more badass than some milquetoast appeal to the white male. Fuck those swing voters. Turn out young woman.

8 Likes

#Win with Black Women raised over $1.5M all on their own in 3 hours.

So yeah… to 45’s camp:

24 Likes

3 Likes

Ugh. I’m NOT excited by this.
It’s a vote for her or a vote for fascism.
The Dems could have/ should have been looking for a replacement for Biden 3.5 years ago.

1 Like

Many other people are, though; and that’s a good thing.

Apathy, defeatism and ‘woulda/couldas/shouldas’ help nothing.

29 Likes

And this isn’t a want ad. People choose to run or not run.

13 Likes

They found one! The Vice President.

8 Likes

seems to me they would naturally count it as part of the Biden-Harris campaign, and then after the announcement start counting anything else as the Harris campaign, but maybe i’m not being cynical enough.

2 Likes

So who to pair up w Kamala? Oprah? (/s) Michelle? (/s) Whitmer? Guv of NC? (would keep focus on southern voters?) McConaughey (Enkwife suggestion, blame me not for such hasty thoughts /s?) I suggested Mark Kelly (mb wins AZ for team Blue)

If you don’t like Kamala: who better? I’m open! Hit me! ooow not like that!
And no kicking, sheesh.

1 Like

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

SHE DOES NOT WANT THE JOB…

19 Likes

It’s weird how so many people of a certain persuasion refuse to listen to the Black woman, and still insist that she run for a position which she has already declined any interest, repeatedly.

Like they expect her to be subservient to their will…

20 Likes

Hmmmmm…

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes

If ONLY there was a way to signal some snark in text, which is NOTORIOUSLY EASY to express snark in… sadly, there is NO WAY to do that… /S

12 Likes

Biden has been a fine, even great, president. Harris ran on a quite progressive platform in 2020, so I assume she’s still for Medicare for All, pay equity for women, higher taxes for high income people, etc. What’s not to like? She’s smart, tough, and seems to appeal to young voters, who have been largely checked out of this election until now. This is about more than defeating Trump … although that is definitely Job #1.

8 Likes

I gave to her to be part of that movement, and to make sure my voice was added to all of those saying we’ve got our nominee now, don’t no one else try to run.

That said, I generally don’t give much directly to candidates. In general, a dollar spent on a grassroots organizations tends to go further (especially if you also donate to them the other three years that are not presidential elections!).

If you don’t know a good grassroots organization in a swing state near you, movement.vote is great at strategically distributing funds to orgs that in places that are most critical that need it the most.

6 Likes

Either way, I was one of the small dollar donors today. Happy to help preserve democracy.

6 Likes