Kamala Harris' first campaign ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/25/kamala-harris-first-campaign-ad.html

17 Likes

I just got back from county-wide Democratic precinct/township breakfast meeting, and from that purely anecdotal perspective of grass-roots Democratic party organization, I have not seen this level of optimistic enthusiasm since 2008. The last year or so, these meetings have all had a sense of holding our breath, playing defense to some extent, and hoping that something would provide a spark. That feeling was wholly replaced today with a desire to play offense and win big, not just pray for holding the line.

Out of morbid curiosity, I listened to local right-wing radio on the drive there and back, and the narrative they’re flogging about a “palace coup” and “elites” subverting the will of the Democratic party at large couldn’t have been more removed to the actual grass-roots reaction I saw in person. Nobody wants that narrative more than the MAGA foot-stompers, and it sure looks like nobody actually doing the work to beat Trump is buying it.

29 Likes

Good ad. I also want to hear the words “convicted felon” about 1,000 times.

7 Likes

Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

25 Likes

That was powerful. More like this please

20 Likes

I bet she even received permission ahead of time to use the song. Because: integrity.

18 Likes

She did.

22 Likes

I’m a Dem block captain in my neighborhood. We’re having a meet and greet at a local Mexican restaurant next week, hoping to inspire some folks to volunteer. The registration for it more than doubled in the two days after Joe handed off to Kamala. You are right that people are excited, where before they were fearful, doubtful and defensive. But we still have to do the work. We cannot have another 2016.

24 Likes
18 Likes

:coconut: :palm_tree: :clap:t5:

17 Likes

I got goosebumps!

17 Likes

This reply could go on any number of posts here, really. Just wanted to say that, as a Canadian, I am so much more hopeful now!

22 Likes

Same!

Pop Tv Hope GIF by Schitt's Creek

9 Likes

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/restaurants/article/cooking-with-kamala-harris-food-19589618.php

5 Likes

I was coming home from a date in Milwaukee last Saturday night. The RNC had been infesting the city just a few days before, but luckily they cleared out fairly quickly. (I mean, what with it being a “horrible” city and all that, right? :roll_eyes: ) As I was driving south on I94 I spotted a billboard that would have been very visible to the RNC attendees as they traveled to the airport:

“Your nominee is a convicted felon.”

It was a thing of beauty!

There was also one with some basic information about Project 2025, but I suspect that wasn’t aimed so much at RNC members as they consider the proposals contained in that to be to its favor.

19 Likes

Freewayblogger on Daily Kos is one of those taking the fight to the nation’s expressways.

7 Likes

… this is not 2016

6 Likes

But any vagina near the white house is clearly 2016… also, far too many bernie bros decided to vote for Trump instead of a woman… so, fuck those assholes.

8 Likes

The person with this bumper sticker voted. There were millions more who probably felt like this bumper sticker and didn’t bother to vote. Either they weren’t thrilled about Hillary, or the media told them that Hillary was going to win anyway. There are blocks of people who may feel less than enthusiastic about Harris (my millennial daughter tells me her friends all wish there had been a fast primary after Biden dropped out to vote on a replacement; some of my Boomer friends are mad that Biden was “betrayed”), and more who are now so buoyed by the hype over Kamala that they might decide it’s in the bag anyway, so why bother voting.

Do whatever you can to get your friend and family groups registered in the next few weeks, and make sure they’ve cast their vote. Any amount of complacency will lead to another Trump term. That’s what I meant by “another 2016.”

4 Likes

Let’s not forget the macho misogynist pricks who’d never ever vote for a woman, simply because she’s a woman. I hope there are fewer idiots like them around this time.

8 Likes