Kamala Harris' first campaign ad

A lot of them died in the ensuing 8 years, many from COVID, and no small number from heart disease.

That particular flavor of idiot is too tough for masks or vaccines and doesn’t go to the doctor when they have chest pain, so…

5 Likes

But any vagina near the white house is clearly 2016

Yes, ostensibly, in that a women is again likely to be the Dem nominee running against Tromp. But I think Harris already has far more enthusiasm backing her than Clinton did (as that bumper sticker suggests). Which is awesome and I hope it lasts!

Some of the lack of enthusiasm for Clinton was also bred by a common perception that she was the Dem establishment’s pick (it’s her turn, and so on). Another contrast then, if AOC was right, is that Harris is not who the big money insiders wanted, because she’s too progessive. I hope she’s right!

… also, far too many bernie bros decided to vote for Trump instead of a woman… so, fuck those assholes.

Yeah, fuck those guys! (But of course, a lot of people, including some women, preferred him to Clinton.)

9 Likes

Thank you for finding ways of expressing that - what ran through my own head woulda got me moderated again.

5 Likes

Smart people making smart decisions on how to beat bad people making bad decisions. It’s beautiful.

5 Likes

Also, Harris hasn’t been the target of a twenty-year campaign of demonization by Republicans and complicit media, unlike Hillary Clinton was.

9 Likes

I think you’re right there and I hope so, too.

The decades long right wing conspiracy theory campaign against her did not help, either. Far too many on the left bought into that shit, too.

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

Oh yeah, me too, of course. But I think some could see what Trump was, maybe not to the extent of awful that he’s turned out to be, but he started his campaign based on racist talk about immigrants. I was not happy with Clinton, but I voted for her, and was glad to be voting for a woman.

Jimmy Fallon Twins GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

coca cola coke GIF

7 Likes

Feelings from the UK.
There’s an American expat girl in our mid-counties, middle-England town, who I overheard last year saying she was doubtful about voting for Biden due to the “He’s really old, y’know…” thing.

I finally had the chance to ask her today whether she’s voting now Kamala has come forward.
Hell, yeah, she’s stoked.
Bloody good news.
She’s registered to vote in Arizona, which I think is a swing state?

10 Likes

Un-normalizing Trump and his supporters.

7 Likes

Me too! My best friend and I were doing our best to ‘manifest’ (one of her hobbies) the future, and it was so fun to be able to even imagine great things, which seemed so hard to do even a month ago.

5 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.