Kansas cops barged into a house without getting a warrant, then lied about it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/26/kansas-cops-barged-into-a-house-without-getting-a-warrant-then-lied-about-it.html

7 Likes

Since these cops are unlikely to suffer any consequences at work, this needs to be brought up at every single trial in which they are called to testify for the rest of their careers. If they were willing to lie on an official police report, how can we believe they’re not lying on the stand? Why should a jury treat them as credible witnesses?

They’re the cops who cried wolf.

22 Likes

Just so I understand, you’re potentially fucked if you don’t have your security camera pointed at your own door to demonstrate it was closed? That’s where we are?

24 Likes

Good intentions, just like ignorance of, is no excuse for breaking the law.
Now how do they spin falsifying official documents as well intentioned?

9 Likes

So it’s a day ending in ‘y’?

12 Likes

This ahould be brought up about all cops in all trials.

Cops lie all. The. Time. Constantly.

They have no professional or legal obligation to tell the truth and every reason to lie.

Their testimony is less than worthless as a class, and the only reason to ever trust their testimony is with the concurrent presentation of very strong evidence with a clear and verified chain of custody.

Why I’ll probably never be allowed on a jury. I treat cops with the respect and trust they’ve earned.

21 Likes

Then the authorities charged the family with child endangerment for leaving their 12-year-old home alone during a home invasion.

8 Likes

From the morning clip the TV station aired, it looks like there’s at least one POC child in the family. I think we’ve found their justification, folks.

10 Likes

In short, yes.

12 Likes

I mean, they totally got away with everything, camera or no. I guess they have the comfort of being able to shout into the void, though.

8 Likes

Acting in response to reports of a child seen stepping on the cracks in the pavement.

3 Likes

I think where we are is, you’re fucked. The camera didn’t matter, because the cops lying doesn’t seem to have mattered.

3 Likes

Is anyone surprised by this anymore? Knox County TN illegally entered my house twice and falsely arrested me twice (for standing up to them) and got away with it twice. Doesn’t cost them anything so why not? All lawyers would say is that I could sue them but it would cost me at least $20k and I wouldn’t win because the courts are just as corrupt as the cops. Then the big bad “thin blue line” gang members cry like little bitches when someone takes justice to the streets, protests them or heaven forbid, cuts their funding.

11 Likes

The cops are the biggest gang in america.

10 Likes

I recall a short story I read years ago. It depicted a brutal gang initiation, involving murder and self-mutilation that led to the final line: “Welcome to the NYPD!”

5 Likes

There’s multiple police gangs in Los Angeles and in at least a few of them, you can’t earn your ink until you’re involved in a shooting, justification irrelevant.

The line between gang and cop there is pretty blue, I mean… grey.

3 Likes

I’m always happy to only fly over fly-over states.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean… Thin?

1 Like

I wouldn’t have been surprised if this story had “California” or “New York” in the headline rather than Kansas.

6 Likes

If cops, in general, keep getting caught lying, how can we believe anything any of them say, ever?

6 Likes