Kanye West thinks home 3D printing is killing the shoe industry

Is that why he pulled up in his other other Benz?

/I’m done.

I hope that it isn’t special because it’s a branded status bottle; but rather because it contains especially tasty fungal work product?

1 Like

I’ve actually made shoes, not on a 3d printer.

My work is not a threat to the shoe industry.

1 Like

Armenia: well known hotbed of defeat devices for the 3D Printed Shoe market.

Yeah, but do they float? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 Like

Yup. High-status high-brand boozes typically have staggeringly low enjoyability/cost ratio.

I really do miss the music industry. Since it’s demise, the world has become a maudlin and quiet place. It’s just been so long since I’ve heard that sweet sweet sound of manufactured bubble gum pop.

4 Likes

The sneaker collector community is a large, and frightening (to me) thing. I own 4 pairs of shoes - casual sneakers, runners, dress shoes and an old pair of beat up casual sneakers for doing yard work. But I’m not gonna begrudge people who want to spend their spare (or not spare) income on things that speak to them, if it pleases them to have many pairs of fancy sneakers. I’m sure that many of the things that I spend my non-essential dollars on would confound them, as well.

As to this story - Kanye had better not read @doctorow’s Makers. His head might asplode. Incidentally, still love that book, and it’s feeling more and more prescient every day.

3 Likes

We may not have jetpacks yet, but we live in the future.

4 Likes

Wait, You can print shoes now?!?!?! Sign me up!

1 Like

No, he’s like a dog, you have to give him some attention once a day otherwise he’ll get anxiety and tear something up.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.