Kanye West to buy right-wing Twitter clone Parler

Originally published at: Kanye West to buy right-wing Twitter clone Parler | Boing Boing

6 Likes
10 Likes

Those visits will be cut at least in half when the white supremacists who make up the audience realise it’s owned by a Black rapper.

20 Likes

Whatever he’s paying for it, he is getting ripped off. And it’ll be worth less than half as much in a year.

So, yeah, good.

16 Likes

I guess he’s still trying to be a Mini-Musk.

14 Likes

There’s a certain effect… racists love when a minority defends them and says their not racist…

15 Likes

Oh, but it gets even better. Take a look at the two people that have grifted Kanye

24 Likes

Talk about falling in with a bad crowd.

9 Likes

To a limited degree. They understand the usefulness of the willing token or of the kapo, but they still fundamentally despise him and don’t want him to prosper.

10 Likes

I’m okay with this. They deserve each other.

4 Likes

Brittany gets conservatorship for 13 years because she cut her own hair.

What’s Ye got to do?

15 Likes

I’m not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, great! I wish they’d get on with it already and go be nasty to each over there. We can make this internet nice again. On the other hand, I have a feeling building the largest fascist echo chamber in human history is probably a really really dangerous idea.

It might fizzle out when they realize they’re all screaming into a void and nobody cares, or it may radicalize the lot of them to a terrifying degree.

18 Likes

It’s like Twitter and 8chan had a baby.

12 Likes

This really doesn’t feel like the “start” of anything to me. Fox News has been a major player and contributor to the right wing echo chamber for years now, and Talk Radio has been around even longer. This feels like a continuation of a long trend in media where people are voluntarily siloing themselves within an ideological bubble where they don’t have to question their pre-existing viewpoints. Definitely a bad trend for society at large when everyone is working with an entirely different set of “facts.”

10 Likes

I look forward to the day I no longer hear word one about that hideous, less than nothing bigot.

11 Likes

I’m so tired of hearing about this emotionally imbalanced, self hating asshole.

16 Likes

It’s worked out so well for all the other narcissistic billionaire assholes, it’s your money ding-dong.

7 Likes

So Ye’s statement says he’s protecting the ability to espouse conservative stances, but what he got booted for is anti-semitism and racism. So are they admitting that anti-semitism and racism are part of the modern conservative belief system finally?

9 Likes

Aaand there is the missing puzzle piece. Nicely done.

6 Likes

Artist formerly known as Kanye reveals Parler trick: Buying the far-right haven

6 Likes