Elon Musk tweets support for Kanye West, then deletes it

Originally published at: Elon Musk tweets support for Kanye West, then deletes it | Boing Boing

8 Likes

and

19 Likes

For a guy who wants internet platforms that will allow a user say absolutely anything without restriction, he sure doesn’t learn much from saying stupid crap he later regrets.

26 Likes

Holy shit, match made in hell, they deserve each other.

13 Likes

Why does anyone still think this guy is a genius, again? Admittedly BoingBoing has biased me against him, but it sounds like any fanboy following him would have been given plenty of reasons to hate him direct from the man himself.

17 Likes

If somebody says that they are a “very stable genius” enough times, people who don’t know the difference between Dr. Fauci and Dr. Oz are bound to start believing it.

14 Likes

Ye Parler. Musky Twitter. Truth Antisocial. LiveJournal is owned by Russians. MySpace was never that great. Google+ got euthanized like so many other Google projects. What popular social media platform doesn’t get ruined eventually?

8 Likes

He is extremely wealthy, ergo he must be extremely intelligent.

The myth of meritocracy strikes again.

17 Likes

There is no “social media”, there are only sites that want you to sign up and log on so they can datamine you.

14 Likes

12 Likes

Musk is buying the shit out of Parler right now. Bet.

6 Likes

Exactly. He took it down because he’s been toe to toe with the SEC before and remembered a little too late.

4 Likes

Parler is not a publicly traded company

2 Likes

Pot, meet kettle.

8 Likes

What do you call a group of garbage people?

3 Likes

A Stench?

4 Likes

Republicans?

7 Likes
3 Likes

Edit for image that actually displays.

9 Likes

“If you build it, they will fuck it up.”

I notice that you didn’t include Facebook in your list, but that’s probably because Facebook was born evil.

I have some hopes for Mastodon, but that’s because it’s open-source and anyone with sufficient technical chops and a spare VM can stand up an instance (says the man who’s been meaning to stand up a Mastodon instance for almost a year and will absolutely get round to it any day now). This means that it’s not subject to being turned into some rich idiot’s plaything in the same way as some of the others, or being suddenly axed like Google+. This doesn’t mean that individual Mastodon instances can’t and won’t turn hellaciously toxic, but the network as a whole might prove reasonably robust.

Or not. The other great truth about the Internet is that “If you build it, they will spam.” At the moment, Mastodon seems not to be quite so much in the spammers’ sights as some platforms, but that will likely change as it gains in popularity. I’m sure the assorted greedheads, grifters and maniacs will soon do their best to make the fediverse as unusable as everything else.

2 Likes