Twitter slowing traffic to websites Elon Musk hates

Originally published at: Twitter slowing traffic to websites Elon Musk hates | Boing Boing

3 Likes

… Christ, what an asshole :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

It’s getting like Trump where there’s always a tweet where he says something’s bad and then goes on to do it.

21 Likes

But sure, the solution is leaving Twitter for another platform controlled by a capricious billionaire who exhibits obvious contempt for his users.

11 Likes

or a third choice - neither

14 Likes

He’s experimenting with consequences (and discovering there really aren’t many), a malevolent take on his move-fast-and-break-things strategy, to see what he can get away with. It all falls under the toxic it’s-just-a-joke-bro and it’s-only-wrong-if-you-get-caught mindset.

14 Likes

20 Likes

All of them have previously been singled out by Musk for ridicule or attack clear and fair reporting.

11 Likes

Shocking how he’s acting as poorly as everyone said he would when he bought the platform. It’s as if his previous behaviors and negative attitudes weren’t in any way an indicator of what kind of owner he would be.

/s

11 Likes

Gosh, so by “free speech absolutist” he actually just meant he would absolutely interfere with speech on his platform? Whodathunkit?

7 Likes

Just here to be shocked at this.

=:|

1 Like

Originally published at: Musk's social media company adds delays on links to sites he doesn't like | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I have zero regrets deleting my TwitterX account the day before Muskrat took over. (Apologies to muskrats, which are actually kinda cute.)

3 Likes

Wait until Elon Musk finds the german propaganda archive.

6 Likes

After firing most of the technical staff, it’s odd how Elon redirected whoever’s left to implement such a childish get-even scheme instead of running the business. Does this signal that SpaceX will start launching astronauts he dislikes with half rations of oxygen?

7 Likes

Twitter and Musk were meant for each other. It goes without saying what an a**hole Musk is and I hated the way the performative nature of Twitter was deforming the “discourse” before he purchased so I hope the two of them go down in flames together.

3 Likes

Perhaps Elmo has had a few too many bloodbags down at Castle VonThiel (lead investor on xAI or was it spaceX’s latest round?) Maybe they aren’t screening them for meth? Perhaps to make sure they DO have X, Y or Z substance already in the can so to speak? Let’s not forget that Elmo&Co. delayed for three days on handing over drumpf’s tweets and DMs - ordered by the court! - probably allowing them f!ck w the data…

Fascist birds sure do flock together!

I for one look forward to that stupid red hat being as reviled and forgotten as that stupid red armband.
A scarlet letter indeed: I for idiot.

2 Likes

I prefer the term, “Muskovites”. Some of them are probably pretty cute too, but they’ve fallen in to bad company.

4 Likes

And now, when you try to view someone’s tweets without logging in, it sorts them by likes rather than most recent.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.