Kari Lake ad misidentifies Russian soldiers as U.S. National Guard

Originally published at: Kari Lake ad misidentifies Russian soldiers as U.S. National Guard | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Sensing a pattern here.

20 Likes

How are these people this fucking bad a stock footage?

Government photos from things like NASA and the military are mostly public domain. Is there some kind of law where they can’t use them in political ads, or do they just have idiots working for them?

12 Likes

28 Likes

Let’s not forget Brian Mast mistook the Russian battlecruiser for a US navy ship and tweeted its pix for US Navy birthday…

10 Likes

If it’s being made in Russia shouldn’t that explain everything?

4 Likes

Oh, simple, they are so patriotic, so AmeriCentric, and they completely lack understanding of soldiers (i.e. they are just grunts, and all grunts are alike) any soldier must be American soldier.

1 Like

If you are not constrained by “facts”, why bother even paying attention to the props used to illustrate your lies? Throw anything you feel like out there to flesh out the words pulled out of your ass. Their intended audience doesn’t care about that sort of “minutia”, so you might as well use the cheapest or most incendiary stock you can get your hands on.

5 Likes

Yes. That is all they have.

2 Likes

My guess is start looking who is paying for and producing it. I suspect the work ain’t local.

2 Likes

That happens a lot in Russia too.

https://twitter.com/JohannaLaakso5/status/1526879201932062720

5 Likes

We need a new term for this right-wing ideological version of a Freudian slip.

russogopnik / russogopnification

Though this mainly addresses the GOP using old Soviet or Russian footage. Doesn’t address Russian using Nazi footage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.