Kari Lake is frozen in time, thinking it's Nov. 7 — before the GOP turned on Trump (video)

Originally published at: Kari Lake is frozen in time, thinking it's Nov. 7 — before the GOP turned on Trump (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

24 Likes

“I was running against a basement candidate who didn’t even campaign.”

I love it when people say things that they think make their opponents look bad when they actually say so much more about the speaker.

28 Likes

The people I was screwin’ with on Facebook and Nextdoor the last week continued with Biden stole the election. Their proof is the last guy had more people at his rallies.

They really think the number of people that show up to those things is how we elect people.

12 Likes

My deepest apologies, in advance.

11 Likes

“Nobody I know voted for him!”

Really, you know all 350 million people in the United States? You must spend a bundle on Christmas cards.

10 Likes

I think we can see now why Hobbs didn’t debate Lake. She didn’t need to. I kind of wish Warnock had declined to debate Walker. A lot of people decided Walker won that debate simply because he exceeded expectations, which were unbelievably low. insert pigeon playing chess idiom here

11 Likes

I lost to a pigeon, once.

12 Likes

But did it knock all the pieces over, shit on the board, and strut around like it won?

7 Likes

damn chicken beats me at tic-tac-toe every damn time!

8 Likes

I’ve never played, with a chicken.

4 Likes

There seems something…exquisitely…Karen about judging the quality of an election by its shipping and handling time; rather than its freedom, fairness, and similar such characteristics.

It’s probably not false that she wants her governance like she wants her Amazon order, delivered fast and cheap, by and for plutocrats, from authoritarian sweatshops; so I can understand that she’s complaining to the manager about results taking time to arrive; but it’s the kind of understanding that keeps epidemiology going; not the kind that connotes sympathy or acceptance.

11 Likes

BBC’s Katty Kay interviews Kari Lake.
Katty Kay diagnoses the problem succinctly, post-interview. (Well, short of calling her out as a batshit crazy fascist fuckwit - ‘diagnoses’ as in ‘within BBC guidelines’.)

8 Likes

Well, you could say that I didn’t vote for Hobbs because I was mainly voting against Lake, but I did indeed mark the spot on the ballot next to Hobbs’ name.

13 Likes

I keep running into these myopic solipsists who think that if they are ignorant of something, it likely doesn’t exist or happen because their perception of the world is obviously complete.

5 Likes

“If I ignore COVID, it will magically go away!”

Yeah, there’s a pattern here…

7 Likes

She does know that banana republics had bad economies because they were under economic exploitation from businesses in the US who used our military as their enforcers, doesn’t she? No? Yeah, probably not.

10 Likes

Go jump in a lake, loser.

8 Likes

I’ve been having that conversation too. A big part of my answer is that, you’re right, we don’t worship Biden the way you worship Trump. But everyone I know who voted for Biden would have voted for Warren, Bernie, Buttigieg, or any other sane Democrat over Trump. Or most random names pulled out of a phonebook.

9 Likes

when it comes up i try to explain who insane clown posse is and how big their shows are, then point out how few people overall have ever heard of them.

elections. how do they work?

20 Likes