Kari Lake is frozen in time, thinking it's Nov. 7 — before the GOP turned on Trump (video)

I’d prefer the ‘frozen in carbonite’ version.

5 Likes

I’d like to hope that the GOP punditry will sway the GOP away from outright facism back to just being stingy rich folk who steal supreme court seats. But I’m not holding my breath, remember the post-Obama audit, remember walking back from Jan 6. The facists are a big part of their base. That’s the reason Trump out-performed McCain. Also the GOP punditry isn’t asking for their candidates you have better morals, just to be more subtle.

3 Likes

They must be like magnets. :snorts:

(as of this typing with 82% reporting, Hobbs has a lead of just under 27K votes.)

3 Likes

+1 thanks for this, carla !
–p

Actually Banana Republics count their votes a lot faster than the U.S.A. does.

2 Likes

So true! I’m guessing that a /s for snark rather than sarcasm is implied. When 116.7% of the possible electorate vote for Our Mighty Leader Sr. United Fruit the ballot papers just fly through the tallypeople’s hands.

ETA
Sometimes it takes days here. And not because of the huge size of the constituencies (EU elections have big constituencies but are usually less complex to count) just that the complexities of counting proportional representation, single transferable vote ballots can be time consuming . Particularly as every stage is adversarily challenged and tallied by observers.

3 Likes

Quotation marks around one word there would explain just why that is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.