Liz Cheney mocks defeated Kari Lake with two words — and impeccable timing

Originally published at: Liz Cheney mocks defeated Kari Lake with two words — and impeccable timing | Boing Boing

17 Likes

:mic drop:

Beautiful.

23 Likes

Liz Cheney is still a horrible person.

56 Likes

As much as I hate Liz’s politics, I love her snarking on Trumpers.

28 Likes

I appreciate that someone says this in every similar situation. It’s all too easy to cheer for the enemy of one’s enemy and forget that it’s garbage people all the way down. Lake’s closing line about us being better off with one less warmonger in power is not wrong. It’s the only correct thing she’s ever said, but broken clocks and all that.

34 Likes

Thank you for this necessary reminder.

9 Likes

Liz Cheney being the hero reminds of this Beaverton article: Canada reaches 'Doug Ford is now the voice of reason' levels of political stupidity - The Beaverton Cheney is like that – the fact that she’s the hero makes you despair for the level of of political stupidity that the country as reached.

Beaverton is a Canadian satire site.

13 Likes

This Twitter thread sums it up beautifully. Let them fight.

44 Likes

24 Likes

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

9 Likes

Definitely, this is one of those cases where the enemy of my enemy is my enemy. I’m hoping for a split in the Republicans for the next election. :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

The ‘enemies of my enemy’ may sometimes be a useful tool; but they are not my ‘friends…’

@euansmith

Jinx!

Liz Cheney is still a Cheney.

11 Likes

I didn’t know conservatives had a sense of humor! Bravo!
Star Trek Applause GIF

10 Likes

Broken clock moments…

10 Likes

Thanks for posting the individual tweets. I was wondering when that original letter was sent by Lake’s account. I can see now that it was 28 Oct, well before the election end date.

I saw Liz on some kinda talk or news show (it may have been PBS Newshour). She was trying to talk some sense, something about not demonizing people like what’s done by a lot of folks on the right, but then to balance it, she also mentioned it’s done by those on the left too, and she specifically mentioned “like my father”. I nearly lost my shit… her father’s the one that most deserves demonization. Dick needs to go to hell already (cuz that’s where he’s going), and his daughter can STFU about her dad. Going against the trumpsters is the least she can do to try to wipe the shit stain off her family name.

Edit: Found it, it was an interview by Judy Woodruff a couple weeks ago. Queued up:

6 Likes

Republicans love to snipe at people. Liz Cheney finds herself in the unusual position of having a target who deserves it for once, so there’s actually some humor in it.

9 Likes

That last tweet.

Season 2 Nbc GIF by Will & Grace

9 Likes

Lawful Evil is still, evil. She’s running for President. If she brings the Republican party back to institutionalism, that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

In this case, it’s worse than just that Liz Cheney, a horrible person, is getting a burn on a more horrible person. Trump and Lake and their ilk didn’t appear out of nowhere. The political tactics of the GOP over the last 40+ years created that problem. No one gets points from me for dunking on a problem they created. It is, quite literally, the absolute least they could do.

5 Likes

This, coming from the woman who described Democrats as “the face of pure evil” and spread baseless lies about progressives committing infanticide against babies that had already been born.

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1544789205879963648?lang=en

7 Likes