Republican ousts Liz Cheney, last party leader to resist Trump

Originally published at: Republican ousts Liz Cheney, last party leader to resist Trump | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Nazi Party Ousts Drexler

15 Likes

Liz Cheney was not the first sacrifice to Trump, and she will not be the last, either. His lust for vindication will never be sated, and those who do not show absolute fealty are nothing more than heretics. One of these days, Trump will die, and that’s when things will get really crazy. People will be even more fervent in their worship and offering of sacrifices to the ghost of Trump while high priests of the GQP will hold seances to ascertain his divine will. So it has been foretold and so it shall come to pass.

24 Likes

Yabbut it was the Libruls who worshipped Obummer, right?

10 Likes

And yet, he’ll shut up.

13 Likes

There will always be some people to remove from power on the far right, and there will always be a push to be more ideologically pure. That’s what fascists do. Right now, the cult can’t effectively oppress black, brown, queer or immigrant Americans at a national level, so they need someone to exercise their exclusionary energy on

It reminds me of something I heard on this Innuendo Studios video. Leadership posts are not the exact same as basic human rights, but the idea is the same: “Leave authoritarians noone to strip rights from, and they start stripping them from each other.”

16 Likes

I dunno. You would be surprised what can be done with ventriloquism these days. We might have a Weekend at Bernies scenario on our hands.

6 Likes

Led by Kevin McCarthy, the GOP today removed Liz Cheney

Here is a list of all things that are more important than this to the American public.

Everything, yes everything is more important than this self made political apoplectic hand wringing and phony outrage reich wingers / trumpers. This again for the Right is a huge success in distracting the USA from the real issues, it is their prime play whenever something requires getting done.

14 Likes

I wonder if they’ll put his body on display like Lenin.

15 Likes

The enemy of my enemy is still (probably) my enemy.

7 Likes

“We can control the fascists”, she said. “The bigotry and white supremacy and religious fanaticism are easy ways to distract the rubes while we pick their pockets”, she said. “We’ll always control the conservative coalition because our big money and elite connections will beat out populism every time”, she said. “This is America, not Weimar Germany, so It Can’t Happen Here”, she said…

25 Likes

Oh, I’m sure it will be much more gaudy and tasteless than that. He’ll make Tutankhamen look like a third grade art project that got a C.

7 Likes

i can simultaneously admire her for fidelity to reality while still despising her for her extreme fidelity to trumpist voting patterns in the house. i can also appreciate the irony of her being replaced by a g.o.p. house member who voted with trump over 20% fewer times than cheney did. her only advantage apparently is that she is still determined to “stop the steal”.

13 Likes

Hopefully they don’t try to pull a Robocop or a Six Million Dollar Man to try to rebuild him.

I figure they’re more likely to give him a Ferengi death ceremony, though likely they’re going to get more than fifty-two disks of vacuum-dessicated Trump to sell.

7 Likes

Imagine this, but it’s Trump.

5 Likes

His bloated corpse will be contained in some shitty gold building near, but not at, Maralago.
Its main use will be as a pilgrimage destination/souvenir store to grift out the final dollars from his followers, even while dead.

9 Likes

I’ll take that opportunity to link to my favorite mortician:

When it’s all said and done there’s often not a lot of the original body left after these procedures, so I have to imagine that in Trump’s case he’d request to have his body preserved and “restored” to reflect a bodybuilder physique that resembles those badly photoshopped images we’ve seen on Trump flags.

10 Likes

My question to Cheney would be:

It’s great you are against the overt fascism of Trump, his Big Lie, his attempted Insurrection. Thanks for that. But do you similarly recognize the GOP surge of unconstitutional/un-American laws to knowingly suppress Democratic voters? If you understand the Big Lie for what it is, you must deny all the laws promulgated as a result of the Big Lie.

8 Likes

Kiss the ring or hit the road. Got it.

5 Likes

I think it will be more like the myth of Jeremy Bentham, and his preserved corpse will be in charge of all GQP meetings forever more.

8 Likes