Dick Cheney to vote for Kamala Harris

Originally published at: Dick Cheney to vote for Kamala Harris - Boing Boing

6 Likes

Can’t speak for everyone, but he can go fuck himself until the universe dies.

41 Likes

Speaking of endorsements from war criminals it turns out one of Harris’ longtime supporters is the new Borg Queen.

But seriously, Cheney is a right evil bastard and I have a hard time imagining anyone changing their vote based on what he thinks.

19 Likes

I agree, but remember that the people in question are people who up until this moment believe(d) it could ever be a good idea to vote for Trump. There are many things I find it hard to imagine that nonetheless somehow are true that got us to this point.

9 Likes

Hey, if he gives even a few long-time republican men in swing states tacit permission to vote for Harris, I’m here for it.

31 Likes

Not until he has cast his ballot, then yes.

29 Likes

When a former tyrant and the evil backroom dealer is afraid enough of someone to switch sides for even a moment, it sends a signal to the people who loved his puppeteering. Every establishment Republican trying to pull the brakes is welcome. Enough of them might make a difference.

40 Likes

I’d historically have changed my vote if I found out he was punching the same card as me. On this one occasion though, I’ll accept being on the same side as Satan’s farrier and still eagerly look forward to him never wielding power again.

16 Likes

If it allows some people to give themselves permission to just not vote at all instead of voting for Trump, that’s a win.

Any that shift their vote all the way to Harris is a bonus.

17 Likes

Positioning for the post-election?

When Dumph loses, there’s going to be a hell of a spasm, and they’re edging back from the line of total destruction? (Nope, I don’t know what will happen. Hopefully MAGA will eat itself like the gingham dog and the calico cat. That would be nice.)

11 Likes

The what now?

8 Likes

Makes sense, they are both pro war.

We allied ourselves with Stalin to beat Hitler. I guess trying to defeat fascism creates strange bedfellows.

12 Likes
16 Likes

If the likes of Dick Cheney is against Lord Dampnut, that goes to show how truly awful Lord Dampnut is…
I, for one, welcome their votes… the MAGAt party must be eradicated.
However:
We also can’t forget that they welcomed that cancer into their midst, and refused to cure it when they had the chance. TWICE!
So, sure, welcome their help.
But, trust them?
Fuck no!
Always remember:
Maxim 29: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy’s enemy. No more. No less.

I don’t know about y’all, but my immediate reaction was a combination of ‘Holy Shit!’ & ‘WTF?’
Which is why I will never be the moderator in a public forum… :crazy_face:

23 Likes

Oh, I’m still wondering what his game is, but I guess being a war criminal is technically still shy of being the new fuhrer. Anytime in the past I’ve found that some RWNJ hods the same opinion as I do, regardless of which one got there first, I have to stop to examine it very carefully to see if I’ve got something wrong or if they have an angle I haven’t considered.

In this case, it’s like Captain Cold and Rogues working with the Flash to keep something worse from destroying the city. It does not mean the villains have suddenly reformed.

8 Likes

Oh! Come on! We’re headed to the store…

16 Likes

This one should be remarkably easy to understand.

Trump has said he will use the full force of government to punish those who wronged him. Liz Cheney is likely high on that list.

Both of them voting for Harris is just self preservation. It is in their very personal best interests that Trump loses.

It doesn’t take much searching to find commentary from people who have active plans to leave the county if Trump wins. People facing credible risks that the government will be used directly against them. Not just against an entire group of people or through bad policy, but personally directly against them. Not conspiracy theorist, but regular credible people who have wronged Trump.

13 Likes

In what sense is Kamala Harris the “pro war” candidate in this election?

Obviously she needs to stand up and stop enabling Israel’s war crimes but Trump is even worse on that issue.

15 Likes

You know things are bad when Darth Vader himself comes out to call you evil.

16 Likes