Liz Cheney gets "kicked out" of Wyoming's GOP for being a conservative Republican

Originally published at: Liz Cheney gets "kicked out" of Wyoming's GOP for being a conservative Republican | Boing Boing

11 Likes

That’s going to hurt. Unless it backfires on them. Oh wait, what’s this?

Oh, and this.

24 Likes

I did NAZI that coming.

31 Likes

I wonder if Cheney has the self-awareness to realise that the party that just turned on her got that way because she, her father, and the rest of their rotten coterie spent decades laying the groundwork that welcomed in the death cultists.

Kidding. She can’t acknowledge that, least of all to herself.

48 Likes

In the battle between lawful evil and chaotic evil the real losers are everyone.

38 Likes

Liz Cheney has since changed her mind on gay marriage. You can say what you want about anything else, but this strikes me as a heartfelt apology.

30 Likes

…wonder how many times a formal split in the republican party has been been schemed out, (rich greed party (RGP) departs racist trump party (RTP). corporate money versus putin money)? Only then to predict a hundred years of losing to the chaotic, yet encompassing, Democrats. i guess they’re wagering on general anti-democratic disenfranchisement to hold them afloat …pretty bleak times.

15 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, I think it’s important to recognize when people with bad takes change their mind

18 Likes

tumblr_68ef3240cce78ef0714388200ed06d32_da60135b_400

21 Likes

I think she did recently apologize to her sister for her past homophobic policies. Now that she’s an apostate she can actually be just a conservative instead of a cult member. Who knows where that might lead… she might end up to the left of Joe Manchin.

14 Likes

For conservatives like Cheney it all comes down to “how does this policy make me my rich friends and relatives happy?” For a long time being openly homophobic was just another way of getting the Know-Nothing rubes to vote against their own economic self-interest. Eventually, as the larger culture shifted, it became less effective and she shifted with it. I’m sure she feels genuinely sorry that her former policies had a negative impact on the individuals who matter in her life, but that’s about it.

21 Likes

Good. Let them eat their own.

13 Likes

My theory is that the fossil fuel people - the Bushes, the Cheneys, the Koch family, Putin, the Saudis - have decided that to salvage trillions of dollars in assets in the ground, they must destroy democracy everywhere; now that renewables are cheaper than fossil and have free fuel, simple capitalist market mechanisms will no longer allow them to stay alive, they need to be able to use authoritarianism to force energy systems to stay on coal, oil, and gas.

To do that, they are willing to ride whatever racist bullshit gets them the 40% of the vote they need to seize power in the US (in some cases they over-estimated how much they could control these forces, which explains where the Bushes and the Cheneys are now). If we’re able to delay the GOP by say 4-8 years we probably can get all remaining oil producers into a fight to the death for remaining market share as we electrify all of the cars. We just need to survive until say 2028, at which point we can get some of these jackals to switch sides. Orsted used to be an oil platform company, but now the are a huge off-shore wind firm…

21 Likes

Whatever the link count, it is at least one less, in reality.

When one of the most right-wing politicians isn’t extreme enough for their own party, it’s time to start punching.

7 Likes

I’m still holding to my pet theory that Hilary and donnie trump planned this whole thing out. Think about it. Trumps and Clintons friends for years and years. Golfing buddies, parties, donations, etc. Trump voted Democratic most of his adult life. Lindsey Graham called it when he said if they elected trump it would destroy the republican party and they would deserve it…and here we are. JK…although I would love to believe Hilary IS that smart that she could have organized this whole thing! Imagine if she throws her hat in the ring for 2024!!!

1 Like

sloth no GIF

24 Likes

wait, that’s a thing? can we kick out Sinema and Manchin?

11 Likes

wow.
your post and your avatar/icon “Q” really check out.
was that a “Q-drop”?

11 Likes

Funny story. It reminds me of something similar… someone creating a monster, then losing control of it… creating a huge mess as a consequence, and managing to look like a complete pillock while doing so. How was it called… mmmmm…

FSsmall

5 Likes

Is that a newspaper ad for They Live?

5 Likes