Kavanaugh: “What happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep.”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/19/kavanaugh-what-happens-at.html

8 Likes

22 Likes

In a way, it’s fun to watch the Republicans panic. I think at this point the probability of Kavanaugh getting anywhere near a SCOTUS seat is in the very low single digits, but McConnell doesn’t want to give up because it’s too late* to jam another candidate into the position before the elections… And them freaking out like this pretty much shows that they’re resigned to getting fucked in November.

*By too late I mean they could drop him today and definitely still jam a new candidate through… But I’m completely certain that Trump is refusing to do that because he so desperately wants a “save-my-ass” vote on SCOTUS. And Mitch won’t have time to negotiate that before mid-October (the actual “real” deadline).

11 Likes

He raped a 15-year-old at age 17. He was a binge drinker in college. There is exactly zero chance she’s the only woman he ever assaulted.

21 Likes

I know people that have gone through the same private school system together (K-12) and they are thick as thieves. Through marriages, careers and hardships they stick together like a super charged fraternity or sorority. Kavanaugh’s cryptic Vegas ripped-off statement is not surprising to me in the least. He means it.

I hope that all of our donor-money-for-brains senators see this clip. And those on-the-fence red state Dems better f’ing vote NO.

14 Likes

But I’m completely certain that Trump […]

Famous last words. Trump at this point is rather approaching an ideal random numbers generator than anything of certainty. [/knitPick]

9 Likes

tumblr_oussz0Q3Wu1w5of3zo1_500

14 Likes

I actually disagree - he’s a remarkably selfish fuck, and if you have a decent amount of information about what his considerations are in the moment, you can predict him pretty well.

It’s just that he’s also stupid, uneducated, and incurious to the point of self-parody, so it can be difficult for anyone with even the slightest bit of common sense to follow his thought processes. Which mostly boil down to “HATE COLORED PEOPLE. OH SHIT SCARED OF MUELLER. CONSUME CHEESEBURGER. REPEAT WHATEVER FOX NEWS JUST SAID AND I SOUND SMART. NOBODY MUST KNOW ABOUT MUSHROOM DICK.”

15 Likes

That’s what it says in the Woodward.
No book ever made me depressed before.

And to think he managed to talk some people into the idea that his presidency was a good idea. I don’t expect to get over it, really.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for a follow-up on that whole “deal” between Trump and Hillary in '07 that Stormy Daniels disclosed - if there was coordination between those two (and they reportedly were friends for a long time, because of media and real estate overlaps between the Trump and Clinton families) to create anti-Obama “birtherism” for the '08 election, I’m wondering more and more if Hillary wasn’t responsible for Trump entering politics in the '16 election as well.

But like with the Kochs and the Tea Party, she didn’t fully realize that creating a monster doesn’t mean you can control it, and after he actually had a chance, he turned and screwed her over by collaborating with the Russians.

It’s a stretch, but it would explain how he got such lopsided TV and print coverage from the very beginning (Hillary’s closest buddies are pretty much the Who’s Who of TV and print conglomerates).

4 Likes

It is eerie they have an actual clip of him saying this. (I thought it was a joke at first.)

And obviously this would be completely innocuous and the joke that it appears to be, were it not seen in the context of these recent circumstances.

EDIT:

“What happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep” disappeared from the transcript of that speech submitted by Brett Kavanaugh to @SenateJudiciary during his confirmation process.

So perhaps it wasn’t so innocuous!

7 Likes

To be completely fair to him (ugh), there’s a long, long history of rich conservative types pretending that they had “wild years” back in the day, but if you press them on it about 98% mumble something about getting drunk with the boys a couple times and trying a couple drugs.

The sort of thing you’d expect from people who are super insecure about their masculinity because of being handed everything from daddy.

10 Likes

Well the United States gave Ho Chi Minh Guerilla training during WWII

3 Likes

Where’s Al Pacino when you need him…

5 Likes

Wot, no pig’s head?
edited to add: Piggate - Wikipedia

6 Likes

That’s the other 2%.

And we were pretty good friends with that Bin Laden fellow, too, IIRC.

7 Likes

“what happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep.”

guess again, muthafuckaaaaa!

15 Likes

That’s why the Republicans are so eager to get this wrapped up by Monday. It wouldn’t do for any other potential victims to have time to work up the nerve to come forward.

17 Likes

His dirtbag friend (likely the one present during the alleged attempted rape) spilled the beans on that cesspool class:

9 Likes

Boy, this just keeps getting better…

13 Likes