Kavanaugh's weeping, shouting, and blaming is classic DARVO behavior

The anger corroborates his reputation as an angry aggressive drunk. Not for nothing do they say in vino veritas

4 Likes

Well, that is the other thing. This is, basically, a job interview. A job interview from Hell with a sideshow of the trial of the accuser Dr Ford, but still.

And at this point, the other day he just gave absolutely a ton of material to realize that he is not fit for the job at all.

7 Likes

Of course she was. She was occupied planning her future revenge plot against the man on the right that whole time. /Sarcasm

3 Likes

I suppose it depends on whether you think Trump won entirely because of Russian interference and even if Hillary had gotten 99% of the popular vote, he’d have still won…or you think that he won because a lot of people stayed home.

I’m in the “a lot of people stayed home” camp.

4 Likes

It sums up the modern GOP quite nicely, too.

15 Likes

I also think this guy is dirty, and I think after the Garland nomination the GOP has no room to complain about anything the Democrats might be plotting. We’re going to have to amend the constitution to prevent this from really getting out of hand, it wasn’t designed to be operated by a pugnacious gerontocracy which is acting like toddlers.

Budgets should be mandated 4 years, confirmations can be set with a 60 day window and a max of 3 rejections - and if it overlaps a new president then the last nominee wins.

We need several more firewalls in place about senate rules, etc, to stop this but, to your question:

No. The usual pattern is to find your goal, and then come up some something that sounds rationale to explain why the bad guy who is in the way is at fault. Body language, soft sciences, all kinds of “predictors” which don’t stand up in court.

There is literally a popular Youtube video by a prosecutor which explains why to never agree to talk to the police.

Our boy Kav is a lawyer and Judge, and he is right that there are literally people out to get him - for both his own reasons (he knows what he did) and political reasons (he knows this is his only shot at a lifetime achievement).

So there is no good reason for him to risk an independent investigation when it will result in him not being nominated because of either the election in November or the result of the nomination - people claiming that “innocent regular people just roll over and let the law handle things” do not describe a Judge who knows the political realities.

If I was him and innocent, or guilty - what he is doing is the only path that makes sense. If innocent, I’d likely come off just as pissed and self-righteous that a conspiracy was trying to ruin my 60 years of effort - and people would interpret that as a sign of guilt.

In this case, I do believe the women though.

2 Likes

Goddamn that was great.

2 Likes

White male privilege

23 Likes

Also, if I was checking references on a job candidate and found out that the candidate has faced multiple accusations of sexual harassment and assault I’ll probably move on to the next applicant whether or not those accusations were all backed by enough proof to secure a conviction in a court of law.

25 Likes

Well their mistake was mashing it up with DARPA…

1 Like

It wouldn’t be litigated in criminal court, it would be litigated in civil court, and your company would lose the expensive lawsuit for having hired him knowing full well what he was accused of.

7 Likes

And Parvo.

2 Likes

From a raw vote standpoint, Trump got fewer votes than either McCain or Romney. Problem was, way too many people threw their hands in the air and said they refused to vote “for the lesser of two evils” and we wound up with the greater of two evils. Still trying to work out how that was a good thing, but still hear people defending their decision to not vote or “protest vote” rather than casting a ballot to protect our country from the greatest disaster we have ever seen, which will take years if not generations to repair. I pray that folks will learn from this, but I am not feeling very hopeful today.

7 Likes

Hey now! Gaslighting is an equal opportunity endeavour!

1 Like

?

1 Like

I see what you did there.

3 Likes

Why even post anything. It’s hopeless.

7 Likes

Funny thing about such pessimistic attitudes; if Black folks and our allies had had such a mentality, we’d all probably still be in actual physical chains, instead of just mental ones.

18 Likes

He is really shrill.

6 Likes

I’m going to make the risky suggestion that an alcoholic, nevermind a blackout drunk that purposely uses that to cleverly hide his crimes and sins against his “deep” religions beliefs and “family values” - should not be a judge at any level, most certainly not any federal court.

Not only does there need to be another FBI investigation (which he and others seem to have become oddly terrified of) but if that comes back with current alcoholism, he most certainly needs to be recalled and impeached.

In fact, don’t just stop at him, I don’t care who appointed them, if any current federal judge is an alcoholic, they need to either step down or be removed.

5 Likes