Keep this Flake clip for ever. For democracy

No. Unfuck that guy. This should not have been the a-ha moment for him. This is all just a ploy.

2 Likes

I do hope so and this would be a perfect demonstration that change comes from the people first. Protest is an absolutely fundamental right and those establishment figures who denigrate it or want to ban it in public spaces can go to hell.

5 Likes

This.

These people are supposed to be working for us. They damn well should be directly confronted sometimes by some of us.

4 Likes

Oh absolutely, these women are amazing and I refer you to my first comment in this thread. They almost certainly (and again, rightly) browbeat him into feeling a modicum of shame. Without them I’m certain he would have just blithely cast his yes vote without ever having the slightest moral quibble. Instead he got to spend half an hour looking like he was going to vomit before extracting a tiny but critical concession from his party, and those images are second only to this video clip in the list of things that are bringing me joy today.

1 Like

Watch again the Goldman Sachs executives being interviewed by the Senate.

There is absolutely no doubt what they did.

Yet they maintain an absolute appearance of composure. I don’t know Flake, but he’s not one of these people. He may not be one of ours, but he has at least a smidgen of positive in this whole charade.

And that smidgen, and those women who created it, may be enough.

But not if we sit on our asses and watch without doing anything.

If Flake truly had doubts he wouldn’t have voted yes today. So again, I say unfuck that guy.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.