Kellyanne Conway: microwave ovens can turn into cameras but she's not Inspector Gadget

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/13/kellyanne-conways-admits-that.html

1 Like

32 Likes

Finally some much-needed clarity

9 Likes

I saw the funniest headline today about this, something like, “asked about alleged wiretapping, Kellyanne Conway kept trying to pivot to healthcare”.

I mean, I know she didn’t have anything good to talk about either, but it’s curious how the liberal media will run away from actual issues. It’s like when people kept saying “but her emails!” without touching the actual content of such emails, like the rigged primaries and etc.

2 Likes

Every moment of attention we give to this woman is a waste of time.

32 Likes

That glitchy graphic is right.

“I felt a great disturbance in… the Matrix.”

14 Likes

Nice pivot away from the ineptness of Trump’s public lackeys to the “liberal (cough) media”. The reason people keep saying ‘but her emails!’ is that there was nothing there. Nothing. Nothing. But it’s what people took away from her as a candidate. They chose the garbage fire of Trump over her.

34 Likes

I wonder if this is merely another dispatch from alternate reality; or whether it’s a dispatch from alternate reality involving a competence-challenged recitation of a poorly remembered scrap of the story of the “great seal” bug, which was neither a camera not something reasonably resembling an ordinary microwave; but was a rather elegant application of RF imaging to a clandestine surveillance problem.

Obviously, more or less anything from Conway is spun of her nightmare fever dreams; but surely something prods those toward some strange fancies and away from others?

9 Likes

Well, you’re certainly not Penny or Brain. They were the smart ones.

Investigations are for claims based on evidence. They’re not for whatever random baseless accusations some buffoon comes up with.

46 Likes

It’s an alternative job description.

24 Likes

Not to resurrect an old(ish) argument, but why, why, why go for “ugly” when “dumber than a 2¢ doornail” is sitting right there? She’s bad at her job, and she should feel bad.

23 Likes

Ug, I won’t defend Conway, but her idea isn’t necessarily half-baked.

Microwaves emit at the same frequency as wifi, so perhaps in theory there is some truth to the idea.

Except microwaves are designed to leak as little EM radiation as possible. And even if it was feasible to track someone this way, it makes zero practical sense.

Anyone making this claim should correctly sound like a conspiracy theorist.

8 Likes

What’s a “liberal media?”

21 Likes

She isn’t inept at all. The reason I mention “liberal media” is that this people play right into her ruse: “ok, my boss said something outrageous again. how can I make it even more absurd so nobody will talk about his actual attacks against their viewers?”

The reason people keep saying ‘but her emails!’ is that there was nothing there. Nothing. Nothing.

Yeah, the DNC is a saintly institution of democracy that never used their power against the candidate with more chances against Trump.

But it’s what people took away from her as a candidate. They chose the garbage fire of Trump over her.

People couldn’t take much out of her in the states her campaign algorithm told her not to visit. That, the Electoral College, and a misguided/confused yet valid sense of revenge against the establishment infused with xenophobic and misogynistic agitation from Trump as a scapegoat like every mainstream politician in the US ever but on steroids, that determined the results of the election.

3 Likes

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

11 Likes

So when someone laces the White House donuts with LSD will we notice any difference in what they say?

16 Likes

Oh, I think you just might be gravely mistaken about that; based solely upon her own behavior and commentary over the last year.

FYI, turning this post into yet another discussion on Clinton/DNC’s failings is not only off topic, it’s beating a dead horse.

29 Likes

How you would defend Trump’s absurdity on television, if that was your job? I can’t think of anything better than use it to avoid talking of what he’s actually doing while pretending you are the one trying to stay on message.

FYI, turning this post into yet another discussion on Clinton/DNC’s failings is not only off topic, it’s beating a dead horse.

Hey, I was just trying to give an example, but the horse doesn’t seem to be dead enough.

Well shoot, this just makes me wonder if maybe she is Inspector Gadget.

39 Likes

Sums up Kellyanne quite well.

4 Likes