Kermit the Frog is done with little girl's nonsense

Originally published at: Kermit the Frog is done with little girl's nonsense | Boing Boing

1 Like

The Cookie Monsters are so well placed. Good comedic timing.

20 Likes

Ahhh… I don’t like the thug life edit … the best part of this sketch is the 10 seconds right after Kermit starts to leave and she realizes she hurt his feelings and pushed it too far and says, “I love you” and he runs back in to accept her apology. That’s the kind of feels I’d prefer on a Friday morning. Here’s the original: Sesame Street: Kermit and Joey Say the Alphabet - YouTube

47 Likes

I realize it’s modified a bit for the meme format at the end, but the ending is super cute. You can see how she reaches out once - she’s completely talking to Kermit, not the 6’ man under him. After he considers leaving, he turns around and she gives him a little kiss and apologizes. It’s super cute.

Edit - Davidnunez and I with the same feeling at the same time. Jinx!

14 Likes

this is one of the best Sesame Street clips ever, and i never tire of it. but now i’m suddenly curious – has the now-adult little girl ever commented on this? she’s gotta be close to my age, so she’s probably in her 50s. i’d love to know if she remembers this.

11 Likes

I loved that Cookie Monster close, wonderful wonderful wonderful!

19 Likes

The system won’t let me post a link, maybe because I’m new but I saw this post and thought the same thing. If you Google “Glambert Mary Joy sesame street” the first result should be her twitter post from April 2019 claiming to be the little girl. The name credited for that clip is Joey Calvan. The ability to find her is why I hate and love the internet.

13 Likes

I agree with the other posters, this edit is a travesty because they cut out the cutest part at the end!

6 Likes

Thank you. Much prefer the original as well. Just good good feels.

7 Likes

The original clip is so endearing and adorable that it almost makes me want kids.

Almost.

5 Likes

Henson’s skill as a puppeteer was so complete that, when asked, the regular child performers in these segments would identify him as “the man who holds up Kermit while he’s working”.

22 Likes

Of all my childhood heroes I think Kermit and Mr. Rogers were the most important. Don’t know where I’d be without them. I mean, I’d be right here, I’d just have a lot less empathy and whimsy.

7 Likes

oh duh, i should’ve considered that i could probably just google for it, lol. thank you! here’s the tweet in question. i haven’t found if she ever elaborated on her experience beyond this, though:

3 Likes

if we can add a state (or two) to the nation, we can add a fuzzy creature to the alphabet. Where does Cookie Monster belong in that list?

3 Likes

They didn’t even bother using a Tupac track. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

He’s after T.

3 Likes

Where the Umlauts are…

2 Likes

They’re not all that adorable, that’s for sure.

However, I shared the real clip with my kids, and they couldn’t stop themselves from laughing. It was great.

3 Likes

That last 4 seconds of the video is priceless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.