Watch the Cookie Monster's first appearance, in a 1967 IBM training film

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/23/watch-the-cookie-monsters-fi.html

7 Likes

C is for Consumption, Is good enough for me…

3 Likes

They used mome raths? Isn’t that cruel?

4 Likes

Love that techno jargon!

6 Likes

I guess they figured the teeth were too scary for the version that ended up on Sesame Street.

5 Likes

Henson did a lot of commercial that he could modify for regional markets. For example Kermit got his start selling coffee…Henson would just plug in one regional brand for another "“Wilkins” in the north and “Red Diamond” in the south. Also…there’s a lot of gun play and murder in the commercials.

9 Likes
7 Likes

It’s downright “outgrabe”geous!

2 Likes

looks like just another day at the office, to me.

Very Henson-esque. I distinctly heard ‘gandalf’ incorporated into the name of one of the widgets. How very au currant for the time.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, because I thought I misheard :grin:

1 Like

Hard sell.

2 Likes

Two-shot espresso is a risk.

1 Like

Is he going to get mad when the computer stops issuing cookies?

A year or two later, I read in the paper about two kids who built their own computer, so I wanted one from that point. It was only much.later that I realized it must have been a demonstrator made with paper clips or whatever, not a full blown electronic compu like I imagined at the time.

I’m not sure if it was the article or comics that caused me to put a computer in my millionaire troll’s mansion I built for him.

Kids today don’t know what you can make with a cardboard box.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.