1950s Muppets threaten you to drink Wilkins Coffee or die

Originally published at: 1950s Muppets threaten you to drink Wilkins Coffee or die | Boing Boing

4 Likes

no coffee; but one can get a Wilkin’s Coffee ‘Youth’ Backpack - complete with one puppet aiming a cannon at the usual victim puppet. warning: amazon link

2 Likes

Snow White Coffee GIF

9 Likes

15 Likes

I can name many people who didn’t drink Wilkins Coffee and indeed died.

16 Likes

Previously: Shockingly violent coffee commercials starring Muppets

6 Likes

6 Likes

makes you wonder how our culture got to be the way it is now

12 Likes

Well, I guess I can see now where Punchy got his mean streak…

6 Likes

Apparently hawaiian punch dropped from 10% juice to 3% juice at some point in the last 30 years or so.

The lyric “Hawaiian punch is made with 7 kinds of fruit for a one of a kind fruit taste” is kind of funny, when these days the main flavor comes from corn.

4 Likes

Yuck. I do not like contemporary Hawaiian Punch. It definitely does not taste the same. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I’ve seen these before. I like them.

8 Likes

Remember this, kids?

10 Likes

This was back when I expected the internet to make sense. I spent a long time just wondering what that site was all about and looking for explanations. Now, I’m blissfully aware that it’s all just tubes.

3 Likes

I always assumed it tasted the same but my tastes had matured.

So many good things ruined by high-fructose corn syrup…

4 Likes

Don’t forget to pick up a copy of National Lampoon while you’re out.

3 Likes

When did Kermit become a tonberry?

1 Like

I thought those commercials were pretty funny.
Needless to say, they would never pass muster today.
It was interesting to see early iterations of Kermit. The other one sounds kinda like Oscar, but the Muppet Show came along after my time.
Never heard of Wilkins Coffee, but apparently it was foul. Found an amusing article about it:
History of Wilkins Coffee

4 Likes