"Kevin" from The Office reveals a startling secret behind the iconic chili scene

Originally published at: "Kevin" from The Office reveals a startling secret behind the iconic chili scene | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Interesting. As far as what an audience gets to see, use of the Styrofoam is something that food stylists (for ads and commercials) would employ.

6 Likes
8 Likes

By the way, this is the book they are referring to:

6 Likes

1 Like

If you just wanna know and don’t want to watch a 9 minute video, the secret is that the chilli was real, but the bottom half of the pot was full of styrofoam. That made it easier to carry, and top heavy so it was easy to “accidentally” dump. They got it in one take.

41 Likes

Thank you for your service.

17 Likes

Doing god’s (or just the authors?) work :v:

7 Likes

At that point the series had jumped the shark and Kevin Malone was just another Homer Simpson, a character that had no purpose other than to be made fun of.

1 Like

Comparing a character to the protagonist of one of the most beloved shows of all time is an interesting way to say you didn’t like it, but whatever works for you, I guess.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I came to the comments hoping I wouldn’t have to watch a super padded 9 minute video.

2 Likes

Kevin was always portrayed as a bumbling weirdo, but man, my heart broke for him when I watched this episode the first time (and still does). The one day of the year when he gets to feel celebrated, and it all goes horribly wrong. How can you not feel for the guy? It’s great comedy because despite the humor of the situation, it reveals so much about character and their hidden truths, too.

2 Likes

Makes sense. After all the handles are placed where they are to make you unlikely to spill it.

1 Like

I must have nerves of steel then

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.