See you at the Cincy Comicon!

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/07/see-you-at-the-cincy-comicon.html

1 Like

Baby, if you ever wondered…

Cincinatti, double you dash nineteen…

11 Likes

Nope, ya won’t.

Have fun, though.

4 Likes

You should be given 100x the actual number of likes you will receive for that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Probably see you there!

(Dunno if I’ll reveal my secret identity.)

3 Likes

Have fun. Not many names I recognize. Evan Dorkin is an old school indie comic guy.

Katie Cook will draw you the cutest tiny sketch of what ever for the low low sum of $10.

1 Like

##“Wondered, whatever became of me…”

4 Likes

Is the beanless Greek chili in Cincinnati really as special as people say?

http://deadspin.com/the-great-american-menu-foods-of-the-states-ranked-an-1349137024 (scroll to end)

Sweeter than my finely Texas-honed taste buds liked. But I’ve had worse regional fare.

(I’m looking at you: Illinois Horseshoe)

1 Like

Hey! Yer missin’ somebody! A coupla somebodies, in fact!

5 Likes

Alas, Johnny Fever; ye were absent on the day of the photo shoot…

And so was Lonnie Anderson, apparently.

It’s weird that they weren’t in the pic…

3 Likes

I think they were cropped. Weird.

4 Likes

Yes it is, although it’s not really chili. More like bolognese sauce, but made with cinnamon, nutmeg, and chili spices. Contrary to popular belief, there is no chocolate or cocoa powder to speak of… no real Cincinnatan would dare do that to their chili :wink:

Served on top of spaghetti (or baked potato) and under cheese

2 Likes

I lived in Illinois for several years, and I’ve never heard of this. Google Images shows me something that looks like French fries doing bukkake to a hamburger. I think I’ll pass.

2 Likes

No one watched it for those two any way. Les Nessman was the money maker.

4 Likes

Mark at the ComicCon:

“LEAP tall buildings in a single bound? As God is my witness, I thought Superman could fly.”

I loathe the stuff, but I wasn’t born here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.