In praise of the circus peanut

Originally published at: In praise of the circus peanut | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I stan the fluffly orange circus peanut as well and not just because it seems universally reviled. It lets its freak flag fly and is what it is which is delicious. I also unironically enjoy Cincinnati chili and pineapple on pizza (but never with ham or canadian bacon).

13 Likes

In praise of the circus peanut

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

16 Likes

I must have no dignity because I looked at that jello “salad” recipe and I would eat it happily. I’m tempted to make it.

4 Likes

they’re “Individually wrapped!” dammit!

(site to other such real wonders)

7 Likes

Kinda like Sloe Gin - once you get sick from it, you’ll never ingest it again and even the smell is nauseating.

10 Likes

I had some once that made my toes go numb after one measure. Never again.

6 Likes

Oh, but getting sick on circus peanuts has to be the best-tasting throw-up of all the throw-up, no?
@Tamsin_Bailey - never had appendages go numb, so I’m clearly an amateur. I haven’t eaten them in ages, but they are yum in my memory.
Circus peanuts hold a special place in my heart. probably right below (or above?) where the stent will need to be inserted eventually.

9 Likes

“polarizing candy” LOL. snorted at that one

4 Likes

Oh, it was awful! I used to get sick from those pink and white Canada mints, too.
:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

These always seem to be coated with a weird gray film.

1 Like

Love me them circus peanuts. End of message.

4 Likes

I visited my parents and they had a bag of this sort of candy, only in easter shapes and in different flavors. They were a little stale, but otherwise they are a good occasional candy. I like the texture.

3 Likes

Synthetic banana. Look at it.

(do not approach without the appropriate gear)

3 Likes

No! That award goes to Haribo gummi bears, IMHO. And you get a rainbow on the pavement.

Honestly, I grew up on Circus Peanuts because of my dad, but I don’t actually crave them. Of course, I would like to try the cherry ones. Those sound pretty good to me.

3 Likes

…is the bomb.

1 Like

I’ve never gotten the general American revulsion for circus peanuts and candy corn, the two most hated candies (for Hallowe’en 2019, anyway — I Googled it). They’re both wonderful, in taste and texture.

4 Likes

“A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down your pants.”

Cognoscenti will understand that reference. In praise of the circus peanut.

4 Likes

Does the chili replace the pizza sauce? Or is it dolloped on top of the cheese like a topping? I’m intrigued.

2 Likes

ok, now ya done it.
now i am picturing a pizza topped with spaghetti, chili(ish) sauce and cheese with pineapple
and i am actually thinking i might try that.
someone please stop me now.

7 Likes