In praise of the circus peanut

image1x1

image2x1

5 Likes

Do it. I’m all in favor of weird pizza. I don’t understand why people get so uptight about what other people like to eat on a baked and sauced crust. Also, ziti is good on pizza, so why not spaghetti?

4 Likes

They taste exactly like capers.

1 Like

i have no hate for circus peanuts, i like candy corn, and love lucky charms.

guess i gotta gets me some sloe gin now, because that shit sounds awesome.

11 Likes

My wife and I bonded over unusual candy that we both love.

Me: “Do you like circus peanuts?”
Her: “Are you kidding? I love them!”

Me: “How do you feel about black licorice?”
Her: “Oh my gosh! Do you have any on you?!”

Me: “What’s your favorite NECCO wafer flavor?”
Her: “They’re all good, but probably clove.”

Me: “Will you marry me?
Her: “Yes!”

Still enjoying candy together after eighteen years!

21 Likes

My mom likes NECCO wafers and I’ve tried to bring her some since they seem to complain about their price increase lately.

3 Likes

So, circus peanut pizza?

5 Likes

Well played. And on topic. I’m not actually a fan of circus peanuts, but I’m not going to try and deny anyone their fun. Excuse me. :nauseated_face:

1 Like
5 Likes

What’s a “Canada mint”? Is this one of those things like how Americans think we call ham, “bacon”*?

*Once more for the cheap seats: What Americans call “Canadian bacon” is back bacon, not ham. It’s a different cut. We call bacon the same thing you do.

6 Likes

What about Canada geese? I’ve heard that you call Freedom Fries with Gravy poutine. I just wish Metro Detroiters would stop saying, “Oh you’re from the UP? That’s practically Canada!” They live closer to Canada than I do, fer cryin’ oot loud! End off topic rant. Sorry.

6 Likes

It’s actually a joke that we just call those “geese” but actually we do call them Canada Geese also. :joy:

5 Likes

Not “Canada Gooses”? I’ve been led astray!

3 Likes

These pink and white things:

3 Likes

So, yup. It’s a “Canadian Bacon” situation. Those are made by an American company, not distributed here. I’ve never seen or heard of those before.

5 Likes

Posting in support of Circus Peanuts, especially when fresh. That banana flavor! That packing foam consistency! Nom!

Also a fan of Necco wafers, especially chocolate, pink, and white (is that clove?). Need a Neapolitan roll of awesomeness.

I also love Good-n-Plenty in licorice flavor. And those hollow Palmer bunnies you can only get at Easter.

Anyone else hungry?!

7 Likes

Thanks for pushing the discussion in this direction. Most of these candies are unknown to me, which is fine if they’re from a country I’ve never lived it. Which they are.

But to have an unknown candy from the country of my birth was unsettling. Glad to hear it’s not really Canadian. Whew.

Now if I could easily get Coffee Crisps and Crest toothpaste here in Oz…

4 Likes

Reminds me of one of my favorite euphemisms for puking:
Yawning in technicolor

1 Like

gravity falls puke GIF

2 Likes

When I lived in the States, I was a regular on CanadianFavourites.com which shipped all the stuff you miss to wherever you are. Candy, cereal, toiletries, etc. I gotta have my Pirate cookies and Coffee Crisp! Sadly they seem to be gone, but there are other similar services when I googled that phrase. Maybe one of them ships to Oz?

2 Likes