Kevin McCarthy's longtime friend and political protege investigated for sex crime against daughter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/26/kevin-mccartneys-longtime-friend-and-political-protege-investigated-for-sex-crime-against-daughter.html

13 Likes

It’s no coincidence that these people believe that children are the property of the parents.

24 Likes

Among other things Kern county is infamous for being the place where an overzealous and grossly corrupt “tough on crime” DA completely destroyed the lives of dozens of parents and children over meritless allegations of satanic child abuse in the 1980s.

Kern County child abuse cases - Wikipedia.

The DA responsible for all those ruined lives handily won reelection year after year until retiring in 2010, because Kern County fucking loves the “tough on crime” schtick whether the crimes are real or imaginary.

Color me surprised that once again the real child abusers are the Republican politicians.

32 Likes

god damn, these assholes are just evil incarnate…

24 Likes

Might want to fix that typo in the headline there…

8 Likes

@orenwolf and @markfrauenfelder - typo in the headline. Should be McCarthy, not McCartney.

17 Likes

Yikes - how awful. :confused:

6 Likes

30 guns, but doesn’t really seem like he’s part of the “heavily armed society that’s a polite society”.

5 Likes

The only reason it got attention is because

1. it was called in by someone in power
  2. he’s “famous”

You know these shits do just as much icky stuff, and just as much violent stuff, but it gets covered up/ ignored/ etc.

I feel physically ill after reading all that.
Those poor kids.

6 Likes

“one of Scrivner’s children stabbed him in the chest twice to protect his sibling”

I can’t even imagine being in the position where I needed to stab my parent to protect my brother or sister. That’s a messed up home life in the worst way.

14 Likes

Fixed, thank you!

8 Likes

No Thank You Gus Cruikshank GIF by NETFLIX

7 Likes

Weird. Once again, not a drag queen.

9 Likes

Those are some brave children. I wish them well.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.