Kevin McCarthy accused of "sucker punching" — literally — Rep. Tim Burchett

Originally published at: McCarthy accused of assault by colleague

5 Likes

Expecting Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

The whole freedom caucus is full of angry white dudes who are okay with a fascist movement in their party… Of course, they’re gonna be assholes to each other as much as to the rest of us.

22 Likes

Well I guess that explains why they replaced McCarthy with a new leader who can finally unite the party behind a legislative agendaaaand we’re facing another shutdown because the party is a bunch of badly behaved children.

12 Likes

T minus 3 days and counting. I am of the thought process that (as much as they are capable of planning) they want to burn the country down and try to blame Biden for it in '24. “Sooner reign in hell than serve in heaven” sort of thing. I can only pray the Dems are prepared to counter this, because I do not think they can stop it.

19 Likes

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

7 Likes

Why are my tax dollars paying for a security detail for a guy who’s currently a nobody with no real power?

6 Likes

This is exactly what they’re doing. Break as much as they can, sow as much chaos as possible, and then exploit the chaos to usher in a new crypto-nazi regime under Trump. It’s transparently obvious.

12 Likes

Apparently, the GOP still hasn’t actually learned that there are dozens if not hundreds of cameras all over Capital Hill that run 24 hours a day. I can’t wait for the footage, complete with Yakety Sax.

10 Likes

Well, you wouldn’t want any thing bad to happen to him, would you? /s

5 Likes

860u90

Plus, they’ve been consistently doing this under democratic administrations for quite a while as a strategy for returning to power, so they’ve got form.

12 Likes

Ooo…. A republican slap fight!
angry space GIF by Archer

14 Likes

I said good day sir

16 Likes

Violence just seems to kind of occur whenever Kevin’s around.

7 Likes

The GOP factions hate each other, some are strongly inclined toward violence, and several are allegedly armed in meeting rooms/on the House floor.

This truly seems like a recipe for disaster.

He noted that the Republican-controlled Rules Committee removed a provision that Democrats had put in place for the previous two-year period prohibiting firearms in hearing rooms and committees. One of the new GOP majority’s first acts was to remove the magnetometers that former Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had installed outside the House chamber after the Jan. 6 riot.

6 Likes

Congressional pentathlon: sneak hit, run, hide, shoot off mouth.

5 Likes

Oh, to be a cane salesman just outside the Capital Building right now…

6 Likes

I presume this is a depiction of the caning of Charles Sumner?

8 Likes

No longer content with turning the clock back to the 1950’s, Republicans are twisting it back to the 1850’s.

10 Likes

The dumb -dumb has obviously spending too much time with the Proud Boys in his district.

4 Likes

One of many, many incidents.

8 Likes