Kevin McCarthy accused of "sucker punching" — literally — Rep. Tim Burchett

i don’t understand this part from that article:

Some critics have pointed out that it could prove impossible for lawmakers to come to an agreement on funding for the first set of programs without knowing what the overall federal budget will be

they know the budget. this is just appropriating the money. ( or should be. )

2 Likes

It really does seem like there’s going to be a “thoughts and prayers” moment for the House any day now, and I wonder if gun control will suddenly become viable then. :confused:

3 Likes

I was hoping for video of the actual sucker punch. Could use some schadenfreude.

2 Likes

There are all kinds of security cameras, probably more after Jan 6th, but I doubt they’ll want to get involved in this without some formal process.

2 Likes

Each bill could include more or less spending. Both increasing or decreasing the overall spend, beyond just shuffling a static pool between programs.

The ladder of dates is still stupid though. It’ll increase chaos as different parts of government hit shutdowns on many different dates. It’ll make it harder to compromise on spending in all the bills. Who is going to agree to more or less spending in initial bills on a promise of something in a future bill that doesn’t exist yet and cannot be counted on to be honored.

That’s what they did with the debt ceiling. Compromised on that bill in exchange for promises about the funding bill to come later. Then the GOP abandoned all those promises. No Dem is going to to comprise on a bill today for a promise tomorrow. It’s now a proven fact that those promises are meaningless.

All this does is guarantee many more weeks of chaos and focus on government shutting down because of GOP demands. Demands that a majority of people do not want.

2 Likes

It’s when, not if, two or more of those assholes will shoot it out inside the house.

5 Likes

Honestly that’s one headline I am surprised we haven’t seen yet; shots fired in the House of Congress during a session.

@FGD135

7 Likes

Who would do something like that?

from Bob Woodward's new book reveals the "nervous breakdown" of Trump’s presidency - #37 by Shuck
see also Biographer Reveals Trump Was a Vicious Bully as a Child Who Threw Rocks at Babies
or ‘He did not have a great reputation’: Maggie Haberman details Trump’s toddler years in new memoir | GBH

You mean like the former White House inhabitant who was liable to do if given the chance (and maybe a little more fit)?!

THE SAME NPR THAT QUIT “X?” (and don’t forget the “formerly known as twitter” part!)

crazy-pills

9 Likes

The concerning thing is these reps are allowed to carry firearms, and when people with guns get angry at each other then bad things can happen.

(Hope that is better.)

I don’t think they forced their journalists off twitter, just the network itself.

5 Likes

For the record, I don’t believe it was Kevin. Jellyfish don’t have elbows.

1 Like

“Wow, look at this terrible person, who I accuse of being exactly like this other person I support…”

Huh, it is always projection with the right. Also a bunch of bully-worshippers upset that the leopard ate their faces (which isn’t supposed to happen, because they’re the leopards…).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.