Bob Woodward's new book reveals the "nervous breakdown" of Trump’s presidency

I’ve always told myself that many Americans might be ill educated, and brainwashed to believe stupid and hateful things, but they weren’t stupid. Trump’s election made me realize how wrong I was. Terribly, terribly wrong.

I rather suspect there are no records of what he was up to, though - rich people have ways of making sure events don’t leave traces “on their permanent record,” after all. All the stories about Donnie’s bullying and violence come from his neighbors and schoolmates. The official story about military school is that Donnie’s father found his switchblade collection and punished him out of proportion to his sins, but given Donnie’s reputation for being a bully, with even his teachers remembering him as “a little shit,” I’d say there was more to it.

Not a rumor - he threw rocks at the next door neighbor’s infant, according to the neighbors. That was a while before he was sent off to military school, though. It sounds like he was a sociopath/psychopath, with a reputation for bullying and injuring other kids (to the point where neighborhood children were warned to stay away from him). I’m guessing it got to be too much/went too far for his parents, and finding that Donnie had been buying switchblades made them scared about what else he’d do. (Or he actually did do something that got covered up.)

The teacher in question denies he was ever punched by Donnie (the story seems like it might have been bragging on Donnie’s part), but the teacher still thought he was a little monster and was horrified by the idea he might become president.

Not to take anything away from thoughtful, smart, curious, articulate 11-year-olds who put our president to shame, but I’d say, without hyperbole, that most 11-year-olds would make a better president than Trumpie. Not that they’d know any more (not that they’d know any less, either), but because they’d have a much better temperament, less Dunning-Kruger, and a much greater willingness to listen to those who do understand the issues better.

“Well, we could be electing better people…”
“No - let’s elect someone worse!
Yeah, as an argument/strategy it really does lack something, doesn’t it?

Apparently he keeps trying to convince people to back him in invading Venezuela. Early on, he supposedly was trying to get support from his military advisors and South American leaders, with zero success. Reportedly he’s brought the issue up again recently… for some reason.

18 Likes