In crazy tweet, Trump blames Bob Woodward for 190,000 coronavirus deaths (and counting)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/10/in-crazy-tweet-trump-blames-b.html

8 Likes

Trump, you make reasonable people weep. I’m happy that finally a few brave souls are ripping the curtains back to expose what a lying, cheating, selfish, evil little man you really are and are using your own words against you. May you rot in prison with all your buddies for the rest of your miserable lives.

25 Likes

Wait, so Trump basically admitted that Bob Woodward is right, that BOTH sat on Covid-19 danger?

Tsk, tsk.

20 Likes

Calm, no panic (aside from Biden turning America into a hellscape, low-income housing turning the suburbs into a hellscape, and antifa murdering your grandmother.) Calm, no panic!

Which is it, President Fuckwit?

16 Likes

With the gaslight being turned up to such a blinding level, I can name one person who’s panicking.

37 Likes

ned-stark-facepalm

18 Likes

The Real Estate Swindler is right. He’s begging someone to stop him.

10 Likes

Wow, this is like when the serial killer says it was the cops’ fault for not figuring out his clues in time to catch him before he could kill again.

49 Likes

It’s flawless logic. If I’m guilty of so many crimes, how come I’m not sitting in jail right now? If I’m such a scam artist, how come I have my name on so many shiny buildings? If I was really unpopular with more than half the country, how come I’m President? If I was really tempted to have sex with Ivanka, why would I constantly be touching her and talking about her body?

34 Likes

“No panic! No panic! You’re the panic!”

32 Likes

All this brings back bad memories of my narcissistic step-mother’s childish reaction when people called her on her obvious neglect of my father’s well-being during his final, losing bout with cancer. I wish I could cut Biff out of my life the way I did with her.

19 Likes

in some ways this is the best argument they have. if it really would have saved lives to tell the truth, then why wouldn’t someone reveal what was going on?

basically, it’s implying that trump was right to withhold the information, to keep people calm, and therefore save lives.

it’s not much of an argument considering we have one of the worst handled outbreaks in the world. but their argument to their supporters is: just think how much worse it would be.

13 Likes

It feels like a “yes, you’re both assholes” response is required. Should Trump have downplayed this? F no. Should Woodward have sat on it for 6mo? Again, f no. They both suck for this.

22 Likes

“No, because he knew they were good and proper answers.”

Pedantry, but he’s not really blaming Woodward for the deaths, he’s claiming Woodward’s silence in the matter is vindication for his own inaction on the virus. So he’s STILL downplaying the seriousness of the virus.

It’s some weird circular logic, which is pretty standard for Trump: I did a good job, evidence to the contrary also proves I did a good job.

23 Likes

In the case of my step-mother, her response to my father’s failing health in his last year was to find an out of town lawyer to attempt to have his assets moved completely into her name alone, talk him into buying her a new car and funding a trip to Israel with her fundagelical cronies, and try to cause him to disconnect from his children. I don’t know if narcissism was part of it, but hypocrisy and greed certainly were involved.

12 Likes

trump doesn’t get to kill the messenger. The buck stops with him.

TrumpKnew

via USAToday

23 Likes

Both of those were involved, too, but this kind of repetitive and childish denial of reality is definitely an element of narcissism (at least when the person is stupid, which is true of both Il Douche and my step-mother). They just start saying things like “not selfish, not selfish, not selfish…!” or “no panic, no panic, no panic…!” because they don’t have the ability to find a clever way to preserve their self-image. It’s disturbing to see an adult doing this.

14 Likes

I hope she wasn’t successful with any of that!

9 Likes

My brother and I succeeded in stopping some of it, but some of it was a done deal before we discovered what was going on. It was an eye opener!

10 Likes

His answers were neither good nor proper.

Donald claiming he told people NOT to take pandemic precautions like wearing masks/distancing, because he didn’t want to panic them, is like claiming he took his teenaged son to a sleazy brothel and told him not to wear a condom because he didn’t want him to be nervous.

20 Likes