Bob Woodward's new book reveals the "nervous breakdown" of Trump’s presidency

One month into his presidency, Trump asked Dunford for a plan for a preemptive military strike on North Korea, which rattled the combat veteran.

Pucker up general. He’s going to ask for one against Canada. (North Korea at least made a show of bowing to him. Canada is so much worse!)

8 Likes

Well, than you’ve been thinking. Many here have been saying this all along, it come as no surprise.

6 Likes

" ‘Accurate’ is that nobody’s ever done a better job than I’m doing as president."

Nobody; not Washington, not Lincoln, not Kennedy or Reagan* - he’s doing better than all of them at their best, combined.

O_o

Kinda reminds me of someone:

*Reagan is not included because he actually did a good job but because of how conservatives have deified his memory.

10 Likes

Controlling a president by withholding information is treason, is it not?
If they let him be his own dumbass self we probably would have seen his ass a long time ago.

1 Like

If made in service to an enemy state it is. But nobody should argue the United States itself is the enemy state in this case, despite what anyone at the NRA or the Tea Party in general might think.

Edited to add an afterthought: there are people who appear to think the President is the country, but those are the people who think that Air Force One is a plane owned by Trump himself, and that it is his own largesse which permitted loaning it to McCain’s family for his funeral.

8 Likes

He’s such a slimy weasel. He knew damn well Woodward tried to contact him. It’s such a shitty move- this way he can deny everything by saying “Well, he never talked to me, so this is all conjecture and fake news. Whatever. It means nothing.” What a sleeze.

11 Likes

1*zc95CYYRXNb2eS-077kTpg

4 Likes

And then go on Fox’s morning show to respond to slow pitch questions about the “truth”.

2 Likes

Wait… …wut?

You can tell a lot about someone from what they take exception to.

10 Likes

Ah, yes…there really is a tweet for every occasion:

22 Likes

We probably would also be involved in a couple of old-fashioned Vietnam- or Iraq-scale wars. I don’t like any of the guys spilling the beans on this sh*tshow but I do believe they were trying to stop that from happening.

8 Likes

Take your pick i suppose but… punching a teacher?

Or a culmination of events from this violent piece of shit.

14 Likes

You asked if it were treason to withhold info from the President. It is not, because the President isn’t the United States.

5 Likes

TBH; I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if he went all ‘Bad Seed’ on someone as a kid, and his shitty excuse for parents just had it covered up.

16 Likes

According to Woodward, Cohn “stole a letter off Trump’s desk” that the president was intending to sign to formally withdraw the United States from a trade agreement with South Korea. Cohn later told an associate that he removed the letter to protect national security and that Trump did not notice that it was missing.

This sounds like the recipe for a “Papers, Please” sequel.

Back in the day, we’d probably at least have an amusing satirical Flash game by the end of the week.

4 Likes

I’ve always told myself that many Americans might be ill educated, and brainwashed to believe stupid and hateful things, but they weren’t stupid. Trump’s election made me realize how wrong I was. Terribly, terribly wrong.

I rather suspect there are no records of what he was up to, though - rich people have ways of making sure events don’t leave traces “on their permanent record,” after all. All the stories about Donnie’s bullying and violence come from his neighbors and schoolmates. The official story about military school is that Donnie’s father found his switchblade collection and punished him out of proportion to his sins, but given Donnie’s reputation for being a bully, with even his teachers remembering him as “a little shit,” I’d say there was more to it.

Not a rumor - he threw rocks at the next door neighbor’s infant, according to the neighbors. That was a while before he was sent off to military school, though. It sounds like he was a sociopath/psychopath, with a reputation for bullying and injuring other kids (to the point where neighborhood children were warned to stay away from him). I’m guessing it got to be too much/went too far for his parents, and finding that Donnie had been buying switchblades made them scared about what else he’d do. (Or he actually did do something that got covered up.)

The teacher in question denies he was ever punched by Donnie (the story seems like it might have been bragging on Donnie’s part), but the teacher still thought he was a little monster and was horrified by the idea he might become president.

Not to take anything away from thoughtful, smart, curious, articulate 11-year-olds who put our president to shame, but I’d say, without hyperbole, that most 11-year-olds would make a better president than Trumpie. Not that they’d know any more (not that they’d know any less, either), but because they’d have a much better temperament, less Dunning-Kruger, and a much greater willingness to listen to those who do understand the issues better.

“Well, we could be electing better people…”
“No - let’s elect someone worse!
Yeah, as an argument/strategy it really does lack something, doesn’t it?

Apparently he keeps trying to convince people to back him in invading Venezuela. Early on, he supposedly was trying to get support from his military advisors and South American leaders, with zero success. Reportedly he’s brought the issue up again recently… for some reason.

18 Likes

Strangely, the White House hasn’t said the book is ‘fake news’. Normally, Sanders screeching about fake news is a sure sign of a story’s authenticity so I’m not sure if this detracts from the book’s credibility or not.

3 Likes

Yeah. If you’re using the art of the deal as a source then you got problems, son. Let’s just add the lie to this olympus mons worth we have over here…

2 Likes

Made this recently. No orange jumpsuit but…

15 Likes