Trump was to testify today in court: "President Trump doesn't cower." He's just chickened out

Originally published at: Trump was to testify today in court: "President Trump doesn't cower." He's just chickened out. | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

18 Likes

Wait a minute, you sound HIGHLY PARTISAN & OUT OF CONTROL!

20 Likes

FUCK YEAH CAPS LOCK !!!

18 Likes

Holy shit, that was unhinged, even for Trump.

Exactly. The actual statement versus the snippet in the NBC story are so drastically different that I initially thought the longer statement was something you wrote as satire. When I realized that no, that was actually what Trump wrote, my jaw hit the floor. People need to know that. That is the writing of someone who is completely unhinged and detached from reality, and I think even some of his staunchest supporters would go, “Uhhhh…what?” on reading that. Not all of them, maybe not even very many, but some. And at this point, I’ll take any of them we can wake up to reality. Not quoting enough of that statement to make it clear how bizarre it is is irresponsible reporting.

31 Likes

Sad Donald Trump GIF

14 Likes

The MAGAt god is a cowardly and incoherent punk.

There’s absolutely no excuse for outlets not re-printing the entire deranged rant as-is. We’re long past the days of column-inch limits.

23 Likes

Is the allcaps part a real thing he wrote or parody?

6 Likes

That’s the real deal!

15 Likes

I would say “The real McCoy” but it reads more like he’s wandering out in the hat-field.

7 Likes

Wow. Is there a link to a reliable source for it? I really need to share this with my friends from USA, especially those who said that “Biden is geriatric”.

9 Likes

Was it a big strong professor, who called him sir?

16 Likes

Last time he testified he was shocked and infuriated that the judge wouldn’t let him pull out a printed copy of the disclaimer clause he had in his pocket and read it aloud to the court.

Obviously the idiot has no idea how evidence is presented in court but he apparently thought that saying those words aloud would act as a magical incantation shielding him from harm. Then the mean old DM refused to let him cast his protection spell!

21 Likes

‘THEY CLAIMED THAT MAR-A-LAGO WAS WORTH ONLY $18,000,000, WHEN IT IS WORTH 50 TO 100 TIMES THAT AMOUNT’

I assume then he can prove he’s paying the appropriate levels of property tax and insurance for something worth $900 million to $1.8 billion?

20 Likes

Even the Family Dollar store lawyers he has understand that putting him on the stand is a really, really, bad idea.

14 Likes

He’s thisclose to turning into a sovereign citizen.

17 Likes

He’s one election away from being a sovereign president.

14 Likes

We’re editing and paraphrasing him to make his ranting gibberish sound relatively measured and normal, removing stuff (typically without adding ellipses) that would make that impossible.

I agree that reading the unedited statement makes a much different impression, and holy shit. But I’m confused. Who is “we”? I didn’t see this in TFA. Is this Rob saying the collective “We” of journalists have done this?

4 Likes

So Mar-a-Lago is not $18 million but $1800 million? The property has around 60.000 feet of buidlings. Miami really high-end real state is around $1100 per square feet, so those 60.000 feet would be like $66 million. Does the land count for the remaining $1734 millions? Please! Even counting plain land at the same price as buildings, it won´t make up to one third off $1800 millions.

14 Likes

This. He’s stated it under oath, send him the updated tax bill. I’d love to see him try to weasel out when perjury is on the line.

14 Likes