Bob Woodward's new book reveals the "nervous breakdown" of Trump’s presidency

They probably shouldn’t have let him wander behind Hillary during the debates.

Hmm. Isn’t he suspected of having a phobia about blood? Maybe it’s more of a Lady Macbeth thing?

7 Likes

I know what this building is!

1 Like

Is nyot Vhite House, but most appropriately yellow house.

3 Likes

there’s actually nobody in DC & Mueller is a show to make it look like maybe there is.

From the sound of it, this is more an exercise in keeping a record so that historians from After can get a handle on the details of the Collapse.

9 Likes

:musical_note:And they call him Tiny Paws!:notes:

2 Likes

I believe Woodward would not have continued digging or writing had there been nothing much to report. He’s a true reporter, and real reporters don’t make up their minds – or stories – before investigating. Lotta crappy “reporters” out there for sure, but uhhh…Bob Woodward is an American icon with absolutely no need to make up shit: “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation.”
—Herbert Spencer

2 Likes

I recognized it too! What did you think of the car dealership down the street ( behind the camera in this case ) if my memory serves.

If I ever get to Moscow I will let you know.

Yeah, it was kind of jarring seeing Bentleys and Maseratis being sold across the street from the old KGB HQ (not so jarring when you consider it’s the FSB HQ).

The secret police HQ has always been known for odd neighbours, most famously the city’s biggest toy store. Fortunately the Lubyanka’s basements are soundproofed so the children were spared the screams of the torture victims either when Putin worked there or, now, when it works for him.

1 Like

I struggle to disagree but not because I am supporting Trump. Actually opposite. But I am a strong believer that Trump is the best thing that could have happened to America right now. You need to get low enough to push yourself back up again. Trump will straighten the things up so things could start growing all together from the same level again.

13 Likes

No, you really don’t. That logic never works out. Remember when Bush was reelected and (some) liberals said, “Great! The revolution is coming at last!” How did that work out? Electing the worst people only ever makes things worse. (Possibly excepting Louis XIV.)

12 Likes

The worse the better” has always been a terrible approach to political change, affecting as it usually does the most vulnerable in society and propounded as it usually is by people with privilege.

15 Likes

Accelerationism is, and has always been, a mug’s game. Even in the minority of cases where it, eventually, works, there’s a ton of unnecessary suffering.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t be so drastically calling him the worst. I don’t like him at all but nothing can be changed now. However, it’s not like he is going to be another Hitler or Stalin.

5 Likes

Even if Trump turns out to be “better than Hitler or Stalin” it will have little to do with his own temperament, qualifications or policies and more to do with the institutional structures designed to limit the power of the Executive.

If you put Trump in another time and place and gave him the powers he has been denied thus far I have very little doubt he’d be willing and able to commit atrocities on par with history’s greatest monsters.

16 Likes

The official WH reaction to the book is that it’s quotes from disgruntled ex-staffers. Which is why they are grilling current staffers to find out which of them talked.

These idiots can’t even get their stories straight.

6 Likes

No, he fucking won’t.

If you blow up your house to get rid of the termites eating away at the foundation, you’ve only traded one growing problem for an even bigger, more detrimental one.

17 Likes