Bob Woodward's new book reveals the "nervous breakdown" of Trump’s presidency

kimmy-schmidt-white-nonsense-was

11 Likes

8 Likes

You sound like you’re writing from a pretty privileged perch. Hooray for you.

Meanwhile, many people are already suffering and dying because this demagogue got elected, and many more will in the future. Just because the levels of misery imposed by Hitler and Stalin likely won’t be reached doesn’t mean we have nothing to get all that worked up about.

And now we’re looking at a Supreme Court with a hard-right conservative lock, probably for decades. But yeah, nothing much to see there either, I suppose?

Shit’s bad, and it’s going to get worse. And ya know something? There’s a real good chance that some of that rising, stinking tide is going to sweep right into your living room too.

14 Likes

i’m not so sure they’re that much better than the ones in the Weimar Republic, but we have Historians in here who surely know more about it than i.

We may have to look to future historians for a definitive answer to that question.

4 Likes

So, you’d be okay with a President of the USA who is slightly less horrible than Hitler or Stalin?
Like, say, keeping his genocide body count numbers within the high six-figure range?

7 Likes

He is already like another Hitler or Stalin. He just hasn’t had enough time to commit as many horrible crimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.