Matt Gaetz threatens Kevin McCarthy's speakership: "comply" with their "agreement" or resign (video)

Originally published at: Matt Gaetz threatens Kevin McCarthy's speakership: "comply" with their "agreement" or resign (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m really sick of this radical fringe holding all of us hostage when we got shit that needs to get done. What a pathetic bunch of assholes.

33 Likes

McCarthy is particularly pathetic. Even a dumb-dumb like him should have seen this coming.

21 Likes

He was blinded by getting that gavel… he wanted power for it’s own sake.

23 Likes

And now he has no power. He never really did, from the moment he accepted the fascists’ “support”. What a stupid fool.

22 Likes

But… he’s got a GAVEL! A GAVEl!!! He’s IMPORTANT!! /s

Night Court Work GIF by Laff

18 Likes

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

17 Likes

If they could back-stab each other until they are a minority, that’d be great.

27 Likes

That requires a Constitutional Amendment, you numbskull. Congress tried this once years ago and SCOTUS shot it down. And I don’t think even this SCOTUS is going to consider anything mentioning term limits, even if it doesn’t concern term limits on them.

15 Likes

Cue Ken Watanabe.

6 Likes

Yeah, say the guy supporting the other guy with 90+ criminal charges and 4 indictments

The GQP and McCarthy must feel regret not putting this pedo in jail when they could, just like the impeachments with their “emperor.” They are fools who thinks the fascists can be reigned and controlled.

13 Likes

There are no actual Republicans in Congress, apparently. Nothing but a bunch of Trump Cult members. McCarthy made a deal with the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst of them, and he’s so phenomenally stupid that I bet he’s actually surprised that that has come back to bite him in his big old white ass.

4 Likes

hqdefault

8 Likes

I do support the GOP having six or eight more battles over leadership of the House before the next election…

6 Likes

compliance-navigator

8 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I mean, the whole concept of ‘civility’ is out of the window, obvs, but you can be in session and say, ‘the Biden crime family’ in, like, the government’s special Official Arguing House and shit?

11 Likes

Have they listed a single “Biden Crime Family” crime yet?

9 Likes

Sure! There’s laptops and emails and Ukrainians, oh my!

5 Likes

“… either bring you into immediate total compliance or remove you pursuant to a motion to vacate the chair.”

The these slick hucksters sure do like their highfalutin words.

5 Likes

They’re basically SovCit incantations.

4 Likes