McCarthyism is back, and this time Kevin is its host

Originally published at: McCarthyism is back, and this time Kevin is its host | Boing Boing

9 Likes

This implies Donnie has supernatural powers.

Though I must admit McCarthy is a “very bad man.”

16 Likes

Nice try. I know from The Manchurian Candidate that Joe McCarthy was really just another hapless idiot doing the bidding of his conniving wife Angela Lansbury.

23 Likes

Like Pence?

7 Likes

Swine like McCarthy in the new GQP are a dime a dozen nowadays. Sadly so, but completely predictable. #magavariant

11 Likes

Kevin McCarthy is a prostitute plain and simple. The sooner the voters kick him to the curb, the better off they (and the rest he country) will be. He’s like that two month old fish in your refrigerator; the longer he’s in there the worse he stinks.

7 Likes

It would be appropriate to replace the elephant with a hog as the GOP symbol. No offense to genetic pigs intended.

6 Likes

I always think of Ted Cruz as the closest thing we currently have to Joe McCarthy. This dummy is just another bland middle-aged white guy who failed upward.

7 Likes

If only we could have more Melissa McCarthy and less Kevin McCarthy.

18 Likes

Have you been to Kern County? Solidly red. Oil and agriculture. Unfortunately for all of us, he’s not going anywhere.

5 Likes

Honest question: Are there similar groups posting attack videos claiming that the Democratic party has lost its way?

1 Like

Have they, though? Lost their way, that is. I mean, I don’t agree with many of the Dem platform policies, but they’ve been consistent for a few decades now. And they haven’t subverted or attacked democracy itself lately, so…?

10 Likes

No, because sex workers have integrity. One can’t say the same about McCarthy.

18 Likes

I’m not saying they have, I’m just wondering if we are experiencing criticism of a similar nature.

Arguably if we are not at the receiving end of similar criticism from within our own ranks, it’s a fairly clear objective measure that something really is wrong in the GOP and not just their probably biased opponents saying so.

2 Likes

There are definitely conflicting visions between the progressive and moderate wings of the Dems, but neither side has drifted into death-cult territory to the extent the GOP’s sado-populist wing has. They’re still disagreeing over reality-based policy positions.

The split within the Republican party also isn’t as publicly pronounced because the more sane ones are too cowardly or opportunistic or self-deluding to challenge the crazies directly or threaten to leave the party. If they register their objections, it’s through cut-out orgs like The Lincoln Project

13 Likes

Right - what I’m wondering is if the Democratic Party has something equivalent to, say, the Lincoln Project, or people like Paul Gosar’s siblings.

1 Like

Does Chris Cuomo getting mildly irritated with his brother count? No? Then I haven’t seen it.

8 Likes

Not that I’ve seen. No real reason to put that level of effort and money into a comparatively civil disagreement over policy where no-one is scared to challenge the other side directly.

So yes, there is something objectively wrong in the Republican party – beyond mere Dem-style policy debates – in a way that some of its own members recognise even if they use ads instead of saying things directly.

7 Likes

They don’t need one. They have Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, the NY Post, the Wall St Journal, Newsweek, Facebook/Twitter/YouTube, and all sorts of other “alternate media” doing the Republican Party’s bidding.

5 Likes

Here in Virginia I call out my do nothing Senators and Congress critters regularly.

Looking at you Beyer, Warner and Kaine. Laziest in the corporate pockets politicians that you will ever see. But, the alternatives are grim.

6 Likes