Kevin Spacey charged with felony indecent assault and battery, releases video as Frank Underwood

Yeah, as a film buff a huge chunk of my faves came from Miramax.

At least we’ll always have Mr Rogers - I think if he’d done something terrible it’d have broken by now.

1 Like

4 Likes

There is a difference between getting yourself away from a person forever and putting that person away forever. Both may keep you safe from that person. One does not need to leave themselves vulnerable to attack in order to have compassion.

Think about all the Woody Allen movies I can’t watch anymore.

If you enjoy art but the knowledge that the artist is/was not a good person detracts from that enjoyment, I would recommend not doing much background research on artists in general.

1 Like

5 Likes

That description/distinction rubbed me wrong too.

Calling the guy a ‘teenage boy’ in the copy seems designed to evoke extra disgust. So, it may be technically accurate, but with the habitual conflation of male homosexuality and pedophilia, it makes me uncomfortable.

Spacey’s opportunism and assault as described here are more than adequate on their own to evoke disgust.

1 Like

Also keep in mind that this is not Spacey’s only victim.

9 Likes

Suddenly the movie about an old man dating a teenager is rendered creepy by revalations he groomed his step daughter. A shame such a wholesome film is tarnished.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.